ID:1393058

Poll: Pre-Release on Beta or Release on Beta

Pre-Release on Beta 80% (17)
Release on Beta 19% (4)

Login to vote.

Should people post screen shots of there progress of a game before its released? I personally do not think they should, due to being screwed out of other players progression of aiding them. which has somewhat put me in this little shell that has made me not to trust people, an so far me and my team that's been working on the Soul Eater Project been doing good thus far. I have images of the iconner work that just has me head over hills with his work he's been giving everything his all. An I've been tempted to post his work on the hub to show others of byond how we been coming along with the game, but my trust issue and the fact that its his work I'm putting out their on view for other players to view. An I feel like someone will try to save the images of the screenshots of his work to turn it around and make it their own. An as well as I need my iconnner consent to post them on the hub because it's his iconning. So people of byond should other byond game makers post before their game is released or hold off till the beta is released?
You raise a good point, but I have a question for your question: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?
It's all preference. If people really want your art, they will screenshot it from the game.
If it's going to happen, then it can very well happen when the game is released, and so long as you have the consent of the person who made it I see no issue with releasing screenshots.

Personally, I tend to be in favour of open-sourcing projects however, with more than just the icons being released. This may make me a bit biased. :P

That's my two cents.
Every game I've ever posted about before getting a substantial amount of work done has yet to go anywhere. If you have enough done to do something like an alpha or beta test, however, I say go for it.

There used to be a "warning of the day" about this. I can't find it anymore.

I know this isn't necessarily the reason for the topic, but I think it's worth addressing in this context.