ID:1393487

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
When i try to run my game, i run it and everything is just black. The icons don't load for some reason. I don't know why this is, because all of the game files are there but don't load. Please help if you know any information on how to fix this.
Best response
Hi, Imantas. I've moved this out of Bug Reports because the behavior you're seeing isn't a bug; it's a code problem. In general it's best to rule out any code problems by posting here first, when you're not sure.

The most typical cause of the behavior you're seeing is when a user overrides mob/Login() but forgets to call ..(). The default Login() proc does some important setup like putting the player in the right location and setting up client.eye, so it's best to call ..() right off the bat.
I'm sorry, i don't understand what you mean by ..(). It works fine on my other computer, but when i moved the source, i had to rename the folder. On my other computer it works fine, but on here it doesn't.
Did the icons or .rsc get copied over? It sounds like something went wrong in your moving process.
They did get copied over, all the files are there, and it didn't tell me that anything went wrong in the process.
But this is still just within your own game, correct? Not other games? Something really doesn't sound right here, not in a bug way but in a code problem way.
Not only can this happen when you mess with mob/Login(), but it can happen if you mess with client/New(), or if you try to create an interface and don't set them up properly.

You might provide a demo that recreates the problem for you, so we can run it and see what's wrong.
Lummox JR, its not my game, just a source that i didn't originally create. And keeth, i can send you a private message giving the link to the source.