ID:1394822

(See the best response by Albro1.)
Since the new update was released I have had a problem with

IRCodings\Turfs\Island Edge.dm:20:error: color: duplicate definition (conflicts with built-in variable)
where as the prior update I did not have this problem.. If I take that line out it runs but the map color is screwed up and everything is real dark.

If anything else is needed please let me know.
Best response
This isn't a bug. Just rename that variable. As of BYOND v500, every atom now has a color variable built in.
The easy way to find all instances is to go to the errors and rename the color var, then go to 499 and try to compile. Rename all instances of color to what you renamed them to earlier.
In response to MisterPerson
MisterPerson wrote:
The easy way to find all instances is to go to the errors and rename the color var, then go to 499 and try to compile. Rename all instances of color to what you renamed them to earlier.

Wouldn't the easy way be to use the Find/Replace to replace all instances of "color" with the new var? (of course, if "color" is also embedded in text strings or as part of other vars, like "haircolor" or whatever, then you've got a bit of work to do, but still probably simpler than opening the project in an old version of BYOND and fixing the compilation errors there before jumping back into 500)
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
That's why you use Find Next and Replace instead of blind Replace All.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
That's why you use Find Next and Replace instead of blind Replace All.

Well yeah, that's sort of what I meant to imply by "a bit of work to do" (in reviewing them one-by-one)
ive had the same prob lol
Thanks, that worked. By the way used find and manually replaced all the color cars to col. works just as it did in the last version. Once again, Thanks. :)