In response to Airjoe
Airjoe wrote:
This would make sense only if all the money you raised went to BYOND. Since it seems to me that's not what you're doing, but instead trying to make money on something you don't need anymore under the guise of supporting BYOND, I'm not sure why the mods haven't deleted this thread never mind people actually send you money.

If it was all getting donated to BYOND, then why not people donate directly to BYOND, then he make a list of the people who's donated the minimum amount he stated? The winner can pay shipping fees if he/she wants the monitor. Then it's not costing him anything.
In response to Liam Howe
Except the price of the monitor. It's not a bad idea and people do 'raffles' all the time to raise money for events/charity. I don't blame him at all. To be honest, I only put $5 in for the raffle itself; I haven't donated, nor do I have intentions of donating to BYOND. I will buy some memberships down the road, but the $5 here is $5 I wouldn't have given if it was just to be nice to Tom/Lummox.
I guess I was just trying to make a fun event for the BYOND community to participate in and get some fun going around here as my last sort of contribution, but apparently most of the community is too skeptic & full of doubt.

I'm not surprised. I failed, I realized BYOND is the wrong community to try and do fun events other than GIAD types. Thanks to the people who participated, I'll be picking a winner on the 11th for the monitor & donate the remainder.
lol.
In response to Suicide Shifter
Suicide Shifter wrote:
I'm not surprised. I failed, I realized BYOND is the wrong community to try and do fun events other than GIAD types. Thanks to the people who participated, I'll be picking a winner on the 11th for the monitor & donate the remainder.

Hey now, don't let a couple of people bitching about it deter you. I, personally, have seen giveaways and contest give much needed energy to many communities forums, and you are doing something good in my opinion. The only problem is that it's always the same people lurking the forums and we don't have enough new-blood.
In response to Magicmann
Magicmann wrote:
Suicide Shifter wrote:

Hey now, don't let a couple of people bitching about it deter you. [...] The only problem is that it's always the same people lurking the forums and we don't have enough new-blood.

Exactly.

Did I win? :O
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:
Did I win? :O

Suicide Shifter wrote:
I will be drawing the raffle on November 11th, results will follow the next day.
In response to Magicmann
Wasn't serious.
Oooooh the suspense!

Although I have a feeling I didn't win. I tend to have terrible raffle luck. .-.
In response to Magicmann
Same here.
Although, from what I've gathered there's only five or six entries. That gives us all a pretty good chance.
And now we wait.
Hello! Sorry to keep you all waiting, I just got home. I will be announcing the winner in about an hour or two so stay tuned!
I am so tuned.
Okay, the moment you all have been waiting for!

My algorithm seemed pretty consistent with an AA-Tech Web Services. I don't know who this is BYOND wise, as they didn't leave a key.

Juuust to make sure, I will email them asking for verification of their key, to confirm that it wasn't a payment issued outside of BYOND. I will give them 24 hours to confirm. So the final word hasn't been said yet.
Oh dang. I won. =3

This is the payment number thingy on PayPal to prove it:

Unique Transaction ID #0FS60250X86851810
I won too.
Aww. :(
I sent an email to the one that was provided via paypal, is your shipping information correct?
Page: 1 2 3