ID:1400171

Poll: Have you ever experienced this?

Yes, a lot. 37% (9)
Yes. 37% (9)
No. 8% (2)
No, just you. 16% (4)

Login to vote.

So I recently just saw an old hub description I wrote years ago. As years passed on, my grammar improved tremendously. However, I didn't expect my grammar to look as crappy as it did when I read that hub.. It brought tears to my eyes... Okay, It wasn't that bad other than the fact that I said "theese" and there was a few errors in about 1 or two sentences. Perhaps I was sleepy. Or just young and without knowledge.

Have you ever looked back on your past text? What was your reaction?
I looked back at some of the hub entries, for which I wrote descriptions many years ago, and was very disappointed with what I had written. I've updated some of them and taken some of my games off the hub until I have the energy to fix the mistakes. Strange how much time changes us...
For the most part, I had already gone through internet orientation before trying to post something in a forum that would actually last. I've always made a conscious effort to use proper capitalization and grammar in all my writings since probably before I was 10 years old, from instant messages to forum posts. In games (and Chatters, nowadays), I care less about that kind of stuff because it is a much less formal environment, presumably.

So, on the internet, there's not too much of that old-self-hating. In real life, though, its just a natural part of growing up.
The best part is that BYOND's forum archive spans literally to the beginning (or close to it). I can view my posts and comments right back to my very first one:

ID:179788
Nov 5 2001, 2:23 am

I can't believe how obnoxious all of those ellipses look. People (especially Lummox) were hammering on me about it, but I never really thought it was that annoying (or maybe out of spite, I was ignoring the fact), but now that I look back on it, it makes me want to choke past-me.

I'll still toss them out here and there, but I've cut way back...lol

I don't even want to look at this! It has been a very long time since my first day on BYOND.
In response to MDC
MDC wrote:
I don't even want to look at this! It has been a very long time since my first day on BYOND.

Oh god, that comment on the left. Lol!
In response to Lige
I didn't even notice that! Holy crap! Haha, memories and good times.
Lmfao. Man.. I got rid of my old account because of the amount of stupid things I did! Couldn't bare it any longer.
Hehe...back when I was a kid.
Ooo.. Albro was feisty. >.> Bit of an attitude there, mister. Lmfao.
The most horrible grammar ever!
In response to Liam Howe
I love Foomer's reply.
I was once a plebeian, like you all (although apparently less rude). Then a wandering bard happened across me. We spoke; she was most bemused by my primitive tongue, until she bestowed an ancient wisdom upon me. I retreated to the mountains for 3 years to master the combative arts of battle programming, and returned, a stoic god of a man.
how i wrote in 2005 when i joined BYOND

how i write nao <---

i emproved a lot amirite?
Give me your name and address so I can come exterminate you. Lol.