ID:1404803

Resolved
IsByondMember() now returns the days remaining on the Membership, just as CheckPassport() does for subscriptions.
Applies to:DM Language

This issue has been resolved.
Now that BYOND Membership length has been exposed to the public through the forums and member-specific profile pages it's probably a good idea to update IsByondMember().

IsByondMember() is already a CheckPassport() call, which was recently updated to return the amount of days left on subscriptions (-1 for lifetime) I don't imagine a change to IsByondMember() to do the same would be hard. As with CheckPassport() it wouldn't change existing true/false functionality, 0 days is still false, 1+ day is still true, -1 is also true.
I don't really see any use for this- other than giving players ANOTHER reminder of how much time they have left on their memberships.
In response to NNAAAAHH
Care to share all your other cool ways to get the BYOND Membership time left in a key using DM?
It's actually possible with CheckPassport() now, but I'm not saying how. But it's handy for rewarding people for longer-term memberships :)
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
It's actually possible with CheckPassport() now, but I'm not saying how. But it's handy for rewarding people for longer-term memberships :)

I know how. hehehehehehehehe

Kaiochao wrote:
Care to share all your other cool ways to get the BYOND Membership time left in a key using DM?

parse it from an Export'd members page
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
But it's handy for rewarding people for longer-term memberships :)

I was thinking this as well. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn did this -- you got certain perks for having 90 days, 60 days, or 30 days on your subscription. Some BYOND games could make use of a similar system.
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Sure, but that's not cool.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Sure, but that's not cool.

*stares at hubget*
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
IsByondMember() now returns the days remaining on the Membership, just as CheckPassport() does for subscriptions.