ID:140514

Code:
turf
New
Click()
winshow(usr,"Loginw",1)

Problem description:

The Login Window doesn't pop up. It used to, but I stopped working on the game for awhile, and I have opened it to work on it slightly and now it wont work.. I get no errors.
set mouse opacity to 2
In response to Rapmaster
Rapmaster wrote:
set mouse opacity to 2

Didn't make a difference.
First determine if Click() is even being called.

Code:
turf
New
Click()
world << "Click: starting"
winshow(usr,"Loginw",1)
world << "Click: finished"

Compile your project again, and click the turf. Do you see the diagnostic messages? Do you see both of them?

If you see the diagnostic messages, but the window still doesn't open, then there's something wrong with the way you're calling winshow(). Perhaps you've got the name of the window "Loginw" wrong, or it doesn't exist in the skin file?

If you don't see the diagnostic messages, then something is wrong with how you've defined /turf/New, or placed it on the map. Perhaps you have another conflicting definition of /turf/New/Click()? Perhaps you've defined another turf that looks like /turf/New, and that is the turf that is placed on the map?

Whenever you run into problems, give yourself as much info as you can about what's going on. Throw out a bunch of "world << yada yada" messages so you know what procs are being called and how far they're getting.
In response to Howey
You'll also need to set the mouse_opacity of your title turf to 0 so it doesn't obscure the button.
In response to Garthor
Click() is not being called :/
Deadpool666 wrote:
Howey wrote:
Code:
> > turf
> > New
> > Click()
> > winshow(usr,"Loginw",1)
> >

Problem description:

The Login Window doesn't pop up. It used to, but I stopped working on the game for awhile, and I have opened it to work on it slightly and now it wont work.. I get no errors.
> turf
> New
> Click()
> winset(usr,"Loginw","is-visible=1")
> winshow(usr,"Loginw",1)
>

I had the same problem when i started up on my game, but adding the winset with "is-visible=1" seemed to fix it for me.

The Click() proc isn't being called at all. winshow() isn't the problem. Also, it seems MOB_LAYER bugs up the map, and Click is called when I give turf/New an icon...
In response to Howey
Set the mouse_opacity of the turf/New to 2.