ID:1405306

I made a post in the Off Topic section but switched it to BYOND Discussion because I thought that it fit that topic more better.

Then, I noticed that not many posts were realized under BYOND Discussion unless a lot of people followed the OP of that individual post.

So, what do you think? Is my theory correct or is it just the fact that nobody cares? lol.
With the game-genre (Anime,ect,ect) I usually roam around with on BYOND, most of the users don't use the forums as means to look for hosts and such. You have a better chance of asking people to spread the word for you. (:

[Edit]
And I say this because of the majority of the user's looking for such a thing play Anime based games - but that doesn't mean a few of them aren't wanting to make something original.
I got about 20-60 people (no less and no more) to spread the word for me lol. Those 20-60 people weren't really developers. I guess the people they told weren't either. So far, I'm not giving up on keeping that post alive. But still, would it have been better to post it in Off Topic? ._.
I'm not too sure whether or not your theory is correct. I honestly didn't care for the post, but I can't speak for others. If people are interested in the post, they'll comment. I don't think the category matters too much.
I just find that people may pay attention to more categories than others. I generally read Off Topic and Dev Help a lot.
I rarely visit Off Topic unless directed there by someone else. If I look at the forums, my eyes generally only glance from the top down to the Contests and Events section.
Personally, unless the latest post's thread title preview catches my attention, I tend to ignore the entire "BYOND" subsection of the forums listing.

So if there happen to be many more like me out there, then perhaps Off Topic does see more traffic than BYOND Discussion.
In response to Xirre
I suspect it would not have made an enormous difference where it was posted. The market for what you're offering isn't actually all that large at the moment.