ID:140583

Code:
M.PermVars["JutsuRef[jutsu]"] = "Not Known"

Problem description:
Basically, jutsu is a string in the JutsuRef list, this is making it so it shows that jutsu is not known in the reference page.

Can I call a string inside of a list inside of a list like this?
Yeah, just don't put quotes around the list variable.
In response to Kaiochao
Er, so is the format I used fine? Or will I need to add definitions so I don't use quotations?
In response to Asellia
M.PermVars[JutsuRef[jutsu]] = "Not Known"
In response to Kaiochao
That gives
Code\Figure Positions.dm:11:error: JutsuRef: undefined var

As an error?
In response to Asellia
Let me guess, your trying to get a item out of the JutsuRef list?

In response to Asellia
You said that JutsuRef is a list. If it really is, you won't get an error saying it's not defined. If it's not defined, you don't really have a JutsuRef list.
proc/example()
var/list
L1[0]
L2[0]

L1["test1"] = 0
L1["test2"] = 5

L2["hi"] = "test1"
L2["bye"] = "test2"

world << L1[L2["hi"]] // outputs 0
world << L1[L2["bye"]] // outputs 5

L1[L2["hi"]] = 10

world << L1["test1"] // outputs 10
world << L1[L2["test1"]] // outputs 10

L2["hi"] = "blah"
L2["now this goes to test1"] = "test1"

world << L1[L2["hi"]] // outputs nothing, as L1[L2["hi"]] now returns null, as there is no "blah" in L1
world << L1[L2["now this goes to test1"]] // outputs 10

You have to remember, if you're using an associative list, you have an element mapping to another value. In this case (as is common) you have text strings mapping to something. So L[text string here] returns whatever the text string is mapped to.

So, if you have L["a"] = 1, then any time you have L["a"] it will evaluate to 1. world << L["a"] + 2 will output 3.

Now, if L2["someText"]="a", then L2["someText"] will evaluate to "a" so world<<L2["someText"] outputs a. But since L["a"] is 1, L[L2["someText"]] will end up being L["a"] (because the L2["someText"] part is "a"), and the L["a"] will then be 1. So L[L2["someText"]] is 1.