ID:1406053

Following up on a discussion in Feature Requests, an IRC channel has been made for Byond. It's meant primarily for developers to hang out and chat, as well as help each other with coding problems or discuss design philosophies.

The channel is ##Byond (note the two #'s) on Freenode, accessible either via Web Chat or directly through this link if you have an IRC client.

Come by, hang out, and invite people who you think might be interested in developing in Byond!
Just as a side note, I enjoy using KiwiIRC for web-based IRC stuff, so this can be an alternative to connect to the channel if you prefer it.
This has been tried at least 8-10 times over the last 10 years or so, it never really picks up any steam because not many people want to go through the process of managing another client/account to do something BYOND already does for them.
Eh, a proper IRC channel has a good number of reasons to exist. For starters, for the kind of people we want to attract to using it, IRC is a very low barrier to entry and even for people who don't want to manage an account, it takes almost no effort just to pick a name and join via webchat.

There's also the advantage of it being realtime, meaning simpler issues can get assistance faster than the forums, if people need help quickly.
You say IRC, but not BYOND. How did you come to think that Byond was a thing?
I'm confused here.
Why IRC when there are several chatroom games available, BYOND pager is a thing, etc.
Read the post mentioned in the original post about a feature request I made.