ID:140623

okay so i use Axerob_Skilltree-demo and its working fine I have made a many changes but what is happening is when i put this in as a skill
KatonGrandFireballnoJutsu
name = "Katon Grand Fireball no Jutsu"
icon='gui.dmi'
icon_state="grand_fireball"
unlocked_skills = list("Katon")
reqpoints = 0
tech_obtained = /Skill/KatonGrandFireballnoJutsu
the Skill won't work Please help me
First, this belongs in Code Problems, not in Developer How-To.

Second, you need to provide a description of what isn't working. This means describing what SHOULD happen, what DOES happen, and how what DOES happen isn't what SHOULD happen.

Second, you need to actually read the documentation of the demo, because while I have absolutely no idea what your problem is right now I am fairly sure that reading the help provided would solve it.
In response to Garthor
i did read it nothing
In response to Firecruz1
If you write one more incomplete sentence I'm not going to even bother trying to help you. You're the one asking for favors, and asking me to break out a decoder ring so that I have the PRIVILEGE of fixing your problems is pushing it.

Once again: you have not described what your problem is. You've simply complained that it "didn't work". You need to explain:

1) What you were expecting it to do
2) What actually happened
3) Why what actually happened wasn't what you were expecting it to do

Now, if you want an example:

When I attempt to help people,
1) I expect them to put forth a reasonable amount of effort towards being helped.
2) In actuality, they put forth no effort whatsoever towards being helped.
3) Them putting forth no effort into helping themselves makes it impossible for me to help them except by giving them complete handouts (which I will not do as it is not helping them).
Since as you said you're using Axerob's Skilltree-demo, you might have wanted to take the problem to that hub.
In response to Garthor
Okay 1) What you were expecting it to do
2) What actually happened
3) Why what actually happened wasn't what you were expecting it to do

What i am expecting it to do is let the person us the skill(attack with it) like i put in katon fire ball no justu it just says that you clicked the skill you don't use it...it just says Firelord clicked katon fireball no justu. What i expect it to do is allow the person to use the skill and let them fire it out but it just says i clicked i was expect it to fire out the justu
In response to Firecruz1
Welcome, novice programmer!

If you read the documentation clearly

6: Other Features

1: In this, i've allowed you to mess around with the map and make your own skilltree(for the
purpose of testing), i may add more on this later.

2: 2 "basic" skills are added (Attack and Defence) they really don't do anything, but i'll
add some more stuff on them once i get the time.

You'll note that the "Other Features" are just for showing how the skill tree is supposed to work. You might have gotten that part down, but you're only posting the Thing that adds the technique to your contents, not the actual technique itself, which is what you need to show. The demo is not meant to be copied/pasted as is and does require a very small bit of modification.
In response to Axerob
No what i need is where do i put it would i put it under here please help me KatonGrandFireballnoJutsu
name = "Katon Grand Fireball no Jutsu"
icon='gui.dmi'
icon_state="grand_fireball"
unlocked_skills = list("Katon")
reqpoints = 0
tech_obtained = /Skill/KatonGrandFireballnoJutsu
In response to Firecruz1
I got it all i have to do is place it in the skills when u click it like this finally got it thank for the help..(not being sarcastic i mean it for real if u guys didn't help i don't think i would have gotten it

KatonGrandFireballnoJutsu
Click()
if(1)//grand fireball example, do if(2) if (3) for skillcards and edit those skillcards sindex value to 2 and 3
flick("seal",usr)
usr<<"[usr]:Katon-GrandFireball no-Jutsu!"
usr.icon_state="Seal"
usr.overlays+='breathfire.dmi'
usr.stunned=5
//AOE(x,y,z,radius,stamdamage,duration)
if(usr.dir==NORTH)
spawn()AOE(usr.x,usr.y+3,usr.z,2,30,50,usr,3,1)//30 = hp damage 50 = duration (5 seconds) hp damage * 5 seconds = 30*5 = 150 dmg
spawn()Fire(usr.x,usr.y+3,usr.z,2,50)
if(usr.dir==SOUTH)
spawn()AOE(usr.x,usr.y-3,usr.z,2,30,50,usr,3,1)
spawn()Fire(usr.x,usr.y-3,usr.z,2,50)
if(usr.dir==EAST)
spawn()AOE(usr.x+3,usr.y,usr.z,2,30,50,usr,3,1)
spawn()Fire(usr.x+3,usr.y,usr.z,2,50)
if(usr.dir==WEST)
spawn()AOE(usr.x-3,usr.y,usr.z,2,30,50,usr,3,1)
spawn()Fire(usr.x-3,usr.y,usr.z,2,50)
spawn(50)
usr.icon_state=""
usr.overlays-='breathfire.dmi'
return
In response to Firecruz1
Why repeatedly check for the same thing over and over? That just takes up unneeded space and processing power...

switch() works much better.
In response to Delra
Neither are needed as you can just get_step() three times instead. IE:

var/turf/T = get_step(get_step(get_step(src, dir), dir), dir)

//or, less confusingly:

var/turf/T = get_step(src,dir)
T = get_step(T, dir)
T = get_step(T, dir)

//or, more generically:

proc/get_steps(atom/start, var/dir, var/N)
var/turf/T = start
for(var/v = 1 to N)
T = get_step(T, dir)
return T
In response to Garthor
He got this from Masterdan's anime game demo.
In response to Charliegrooms14
I did i was testing it to make sure it would work so now im going to code my own..gonna take a while for me to learn but it fine