ID:1406251

(See the best response by DarkCampainger.)
Hey guys - quick question about skins.

I have a custom interface for Sekia and would like the resizeable windows to be draggable (movable). How can I make it so that one of the labels can be dragged?
When you say re-sizable, do you mean panes?
In response to Pirion
Pirion wrote:
When you say re-sizable, do you mean panes?

Well, I have multiple windows for chat, private messages, skills, etc. The windows themselves are realizable, but I'd also like it if players could move them around more easily, simply by dragging the title bar.
It looks like you've disabled the title bar and made your own. This needs to be applied to the window, not an element in the window.

If you create a new window with nothing on it, notice how you can move it about by clicking anywhere. You would need to use this.
In response to Pirion
Pirion wrote:
It looks like you've disabled the title bar and made your own. This needs to be applied to the window, not an element in the window.

If you create a new window with nothing on it, notice how you can move it about by clicking anywhere. You would need to use this.

I see...I'm really new to skins (didn't exist when I learned to code), so I'm not sure how I can apply this to the window. Would it have to be done through code or is there a certain settings somewhere within the interface tool?
When you created the titlebar, you probably put it in a label with a background right?

It would need to be the background of the window itself.
In response to Pirion
Pirion wrote:
When you created the titlebar, you probably put it in a label with a background right?

It would need to be the background of the window itself.

Ahh, I see...If it is, though, how can I allow for resizing without pixelation?
Looking at your skin, I would attempt the following:

The outer edges would need to be a background of a pane, or on a label.

The background tilebar would need to be the entire width, but anything below would be covered by other elements.

Now for the edges [ and ] on the title bar, I would include these in anchored labels. This would not allow movement, but that is consistent with other windows.

The top bar main part, I would create an image with the top bar (10 pixels wide, and about 60 pixels of brown (to cover up any anchor misses) and anchor a pane right below it. The left/right labels would get the sides. This should be set to tile.

result would be:
[label]windowbackgr[title]eat[button][button][label]
brownbrownbrownbrownbrownbrownbrownbrownbrownbrownbr
lchildchildchildchildchildchildchildchildchildchildl
achildchildchildchildchildchildchildchildchildchilda
bchildchildchildchildchildchildchildchildchildchildb
echildchildchildchildchildchildchildchildchildchilde
achildchildchildchildchildchildchildchildchildchilda
bchildchildchildchildchildchildchildchildchildchildb
echildchildchildchildchildchildchildchildchildchilde
labellabellabellabellabellabellabellabellabellabella

Best response
If you set a label to "disabled", it can be used to drag around the containing window.
In response to DarkCampainger
DarkCampainger wrote:
If you set a label to "disabled", it can be used to drag around the containing window.

Brilliant! Works perfectly! Thanks so much!