ID:1408937

(See the best response by Pirion.)

Question:

I've been thinking of a way to make a personal room in an RPG-like game for every player to call their own. I can't really think of an efficient way to just produce copies of the room or what have you without actually having to make a million of them on the map, making it nearly impossible. I have looked through the libraries and demos without finding anything to help or assist in my quest.

Perhaps you guys know of a resource I have overlooked, have created one and haven't published it on the site or just have a quick way of explaining it. I'm not asking for a hand-out here, just a way to go about it so I don't have to draw a million on a map somewhere and assign every player their own spot on the map.

Thanks in advance!
Map instancing shouldn't be that difficult of a task. Epic Legend did this pretty damn well, actually.
I understand, kinda, what map instancing does. I could really use a visual demonstration of how it's accomplished, even if it's basic. Or, at least a verbal explanation.
Best response
LummoxJR created a library for saving and loading maps. This can be used to load each one into separate spaces. You could even save any changes using it.

http://www.byond.com/developer/LummoxJR/SwapMaps
In response to Pirion
Ah, extremely helpful. Thanks!
I prefer F_A MapInstancing over LJR SwapMaps, at first I tried SwapMaps and spent at least 3 days learning it and creating with it. I was having a trouble saving objects, iirc, and I couldn't figure out how to fix it.

With F_A MapInstancing, you don't have that problem and it's a lot faster.

And, I mean a lot faster.