ID:1409243

Hey guys,

I have a very important job interview coming up this Friday.

Anyone here work in the Aviation / Aerospace industry and have any interview questions that may be asked?

I want to prepare as much as possible and I figured making a post could not only help me, but help anyone who may be in the same situation as me.

So far I have these possible questions I may get asked:

1. Why do you want to work for ____?
2. What do you think you can bring to the company?

I am thinking I may get asked some mechanics questions too, I'm not sure.

---------------------------------------------

The job I am going for is a Mechanic at British Airways. I have taken the assessment and passed and made it to the interview stage. If I pass the interview I have the job. If I fail this interview I'm screwed. So It's important I get this nailed in to my head so I am well prepared.
Thanks for the advice. Helped me a lot.
Hey, don't mention it!

...really, you probably shouldn't.

But, how'd it go, even without our helpful guidance?
I think it went well.

I said the cheesiest line in interview history that made one of them burst in to laughter which lightened the mood tremendously.
Well, that's probably a good sign.

Good luck!
Her Question: How do you see yourself progressing your career within the company?

My Answer: Well initially I would be more focused on learning about the industry as a cabin mechanic, but I would eventually take the chance to further my career within the company if the opportunity presented itself.

Then for no reason AT ALL I added: Because being the best I can be is what life is all about.

I was mortified I'd said that and the two interviewers saw that right away and one of them burst in to laughter about how cheesy it was. She was trying to stop, apologized, etc.. I just said, "Don't worry about it I have no idea why I said that, it's true I do try do the best I can, but I didn't need to say that how I did". At this point I'm beginning to laugh as well.
Nice...lol

Did they ask any of the really weird curveball types of questions? I've read that a lot of interviewers these days like to throw out one or two really strange questions, or super-difficult problems to solve, etc. (often that have nothing to do with the position in question)

I guess it's a tactic to check how well a candidate can handle pressure (obviously, most interviewees will be expecting, and prepared for, the usual questions, so they come up with some off-the-wall question to try to trip them up)

Anything like that happen to you?
Naw, got nothing like that. Before we started it was explained that no questions like that would be asked.

BA Applications have 3 stages.

1. Apply, during the application you have to answer 2 questions. If those two answers are good enough you will be invited to stage 2.

2. Assessment. Go to BA HQ at Waterside and take an assessment which is 2 tests, one 18 minutes (mechanics test) and a 20 minute test (Following orders). If you pass the test you are invited to stage 3.

3. The interview. They ask questions based on what they know about you from your CV. They ask for millions of examples for situations I may have been put in during my past work life / personal life.

Hope I get the job. I'll be set for life.