/obj/techs/Overlays/Super_Spirit_Bomb_Massive_Center

icon = 'Super Spirit Bomb Massive.dmi'
icon_state = "24"
density = 0
layer = 999

New()
pixel_y = 127

Problem description:

Now the issue at hand, I've read various articles already on the limitations of pixel_y and pixel_x being at 127. (128 gave me issues).

I've created a Massive Spirit Bomb for a Dragon Ball Z game that is 49 Icons in total for a 7x7 Grid, but I wanted to have it larger than that in order to fill up most of the screen, the attack is going to be a "Finisher Move" and needs to be super awesome. (Hence the size!).

The Result so far is:

However, I would like to be able to place the Spirit Bomb farther over my head and increase it's size, but I cannot think of a way of doing it.

Actually I tell I lie, I can think of a way of doing it, but it would end up being pretty messy.

One way was making the character turn invisible, create a Cloned mob that looks exactly the same as the character that sits in the characters position.
Then move your character automatically to a few squares above, giving the impression that the Spirit Bomb has moved upwards when in fact your character was the one that moved with the overlay attached.

I came here to seek some insight on others possibly simpler ways that I might be able to achieve the same effect without having to do such a thing!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

~ Pemalite.
Here's a good library to help you with big atoms.
The simple way to fix your problem is to have actual objects with a location equal to the pixel offset.

Also, you could just create the center actually above the character and not have it as an overlay on the player.
In response to Kaiochao
That library is a good source, was a little daunting going through it on the first run, but I should be fine with it, thanks for that!

I was thinking about ways to do it earlier, and it hit me in the side of the head.
Instead of having it as an overlay on the character with the Pixel offset, I'll just have it placed as an object on the map, avoiding the Pixel offset in it's entirety.

Then I noticed you provided the same idea.

Love programming, it's only ever limited by your own problem solving skills, and there is multiple ways to tackle an issue.

Thank you for your help! (Also, making Pixel offsets for 49 icons was daunting enough, now to try it with 81!)