Manacept

by The Magic Man
Manacept
A collectible card game.
ID:1409882

So, I have run into a problem. Actually 2 problems, one is major, the other not so.

The first problem is, I am seriously running out of ideas for cards. It is getting harder and harder to add new cards to the game because I have no more ideas and I want cards to be new, unique and add something to the game.

The second problem is more major. I am running out of art for cards. I do not like the fact that 90% of support cards use bad, placeholder art, and will not settle for monster cards using this kind of art.
To my count, I have art for maybe 150 more monster cards, but it is not evenly spread among types (if I am being extremely generous, I have art for maybe 6 more angel type monsters, but something like 60 for humans).

These two things lead to a problem in that there is not enough content to keep players interested in the game for long. 700 cards might seem like a lot, but really it is not. Other card games (like Yugioh and Magic) have tens of thousands of cards, and still need to release more on a fairly frequent basis. 700 cards seems to keep people interested for 2-7 days.

This leads back to the second problem. I was hoping the game would have been a little more successful than it is right now, but it is not, and without players there is no money, without money I cannot attract more players, nor can I hire an artist to do more art for cards.
You see how this works right? I need money for more players, but I need players for the money. I was hoping to attract more players to the game, but I guess expecting a successful BYOND game is a bad idea.

So I am stuck at a point where, I cannot keep updating the game for much longer (there might be 1 more content update before I totally run out of things to add), and I just have no players either.

So what exactly am I suppose to do?
ask yut put
Hold events, give out medals and have some seasonal fun. Give away a Pumpkin King card on Halloween only or something. People love limited time stuff. They'll log in just for the card, get caught up in conversation then play for a while. Might even sell a sub or two.