Manacept

by The Magic Man
Manacept
A collectible card game.
ID:1410459

So, there is several things I've been considering.

First and most importantly is art work for cards. It's great right now, but extremely limited. I have been considering scrapping the current art work used, downloading photoshop and doing it all myself.
What this means is the quality of the artwork will decrease (probably significantly), but the I will be able to add as many cards as I can draw (though adding cards will be a slower process).

Do I keep the great looking art but limited number of cards, or go with worse art but more cards?

Second, people have told me the game needs to be clearer and more straight forwards. I am bad at doing stuff like this. To me the game makes sense. It's simple and straight forwards because I made it. But to others it's apparently not so simple.
I'm looking for solid ideas on how to simplify the game.

Third and finally, I'm considering remaking the deck editor (player shop and card archive).
Someone told me to try out dueling network, so I did and it's deck editor is much better than what I have now. I'm basically going to copy it, but move things around.
This however will take a day or two and during this I will not be able to update the game at all. Do I do this? Y/N?
to the second point you could try and make a beginners tutorial, this would help people gain the basics of the duels. i find that the game is straight forward once you know the basics

third point, personally "Y" if it will help although it could be considered plagiarism :/

and for the first point, i'm making a couple of cards? XDDD they probably aren't that good and i don't have the patience to be bringing out a set number of pictures a day but i have 2 so far? XDDD
http://files.byondhome.com/TheMagicMan/deck%20mock.jpg

This is an example of what the new deck editor would look like.

The top part is where search info and card descriptions are, the bottom left is your cards and the bottom right your decks.
it looks good so far, hope the cards don't overlap the borders like that in the game though XD
I wouldn't scrap the art. I don't think its that big a deal if the card art styles don't always match. I'm not a huge CCG connoisseur or anything, but I know I've seen games with different styles mixed together. I vote for C, mixed art with more cards.

Tutorials/help files are a must. It's really not that complicated, but if you don't get people understanding it quickly, you lose them. Get some volunteers to help out with it. I'm sort of working on one that explains how attacking works, since that has been my most common question.

Don't know anything about dueling network, but anything that makes editting/sorting/etc better, I'm all for it. A couple days without updates shouldn't be a big deal.
you should make a tutorial button at the top of the screen. if you want to just show the game play start it mid-game(during the players turn) with monsters on each side and show how to use support,creatures,and attack cards. You can go through the beginning also(rock,paper,scissors).

the deck editor look okay,but if changing it make deck making faster then i say do it.

the art work isn't bad but im not a great critic when I come to art(since art varies).
If you need an example of how bad the art would be if I did it, here you go.

This is Monkey Monkey.

http://files.byondhome.com/TheMagicMan/mkmk.png
I'm not going with two clashing styles.

The options are keep this art, but no new cards after maybe 800.
Or use art I draw which is bad, but I can add as many cards as I want.
if those are the only two choices, use your art and add more cards. I'd still vote for C though.
get yut to do some art! =) Clashing art styles are not bad it just means many different artist are at work. ArtistA, artistB, and your art makes for unique looking cards. and diversity. Same goes for new card and effects.
http://files.byondhome.com/TheMagicMan/ndeckeditor.png

That is how the new deck editor will look once I finish it off.
looks smooth and simple