ID:1411131

So I want a new PC, but I don't want to just go out and buy one. I want to have the pleasure of putting a PC together piece by piece. So here's why I have posted this here.

I want you guys to come up with a PC build (This includes a monitor, operating system & Tower Case. You don't need to include a mouse & keyboard).

The maximum you can spend is 600 GBP (Don't worry if you have to go over slightly).

When I get around to buying the PC parts, I'll make a video and record myself building the PC, and also send the winning person 20 [enter that person's currency here].

The reason this isn't in contests is because I don't plan on building this PC right now, but in the very near future (Maybe January 2014).

Post your PC builds here with links to each part (MUST be available to UK residents, without a massive shipping costs).

-----------------------------------------

- Website Development.
- Some Gaming, not intense gaming.
- Social Networking.
- youtube (I watch youtube videos far more than a normal person should).

This is what I mainly do on my current laptop. Just so I don't get questions like "Are you wanting a gaming computer?", because if you think you can build a gaming computer then go for it. I want to see as many as possible to see what I should build.

--------------------------------------------

I suck at knowing what is compatible with what, so this is also educational for me and anyone else wanting to know more about hardware.

--------------------------------------------

Don't hesitate to build more than 1 PC either. It's something for you to do and you may get 20 [insert your currency here] out of window shopping for someone lol.

I recently got a build from NewEgg(one that I received half faulty parts for-mind you), but might I ask why you're intent on building one yourself and replacing whatever you're using now? Honestly, if you're not doing 3D renders/video rendering/intense gaming you shouldn't need much. "600 British Pounds Sterling equals 955.62 US Dollars" - Easily do-able, even if you just wish to order a pre-built from someone like ironsidecomputers, tigerdirect or one of the many other custom build websites. I could hunt down some parts if you want, but I'd prefer if you provided a list of retailers you trust, I don't want to send you to NewEgg and have you go through the same hassles as myself.
I don't really have a specific reason for wanting to build one. I just know I need a new computer, and I figured it would be fun to build one from the ground up, as well as learning more about hardware in general in the process.

What I'm currently using is a very old laptop (ASUS X58L) which I got early 2009 (Old PC now and it's starting to die on me).
i'll just chime in and say you can do everything you listed for a lot less than $955 and whoever posts anything over that amount ( I noticed you said they can go over ) doesn't know what they're talking about so don't listen to them.

you can do website development, social networking and youtube on a potato, that only leaves gaming, which since you're not an intense gamer, you don't need the 420blazeityoloswag ultra mega geforce superblast 3000 GPU in your rig. that max should be $500-$600, you can use the remaining $300 on something nice, like strippers. the only thing better than building a computer is building a computer with a stripper watching you do it. plus since you're uploading it to youtube, the stripper's boobs alone will cause your views to skyrocket instantly, just dont expect the comment section to have discussions relevant to computer building lol