ID:141254

Redefining the Move() proc
If I want to use it with any kind of delay, I simple make this

mob
Move()
..()

The problem is, this has like a 0.2 seconds delay betwen movements, and I want to be faster.
If I try to make the guy slower on the other hand...

mob
Move()
if(!var) sleep(2) //var as any possible variable you create
..()

This example will only add the 0.2 to the old 0.2, meaning 0.4 rather then speed boost
I tryed redefining the Move proc to Move(usr,usr.loc), Move(usr,usr.dir) and all, I even came to a few pretty near working procs, but then, I can't make the proc actually work, it simple dont show problems in after compile, which means I defined the proc to do nothing...

So..
How can I make the mobs go faster then the default Speed?

Abrax wrote:
How can I make the mobs go faster then the default Speed?

There's no 'default speed for mob movement'. Movables move as often as they're specifically made to.
What you're seeing here is the ability of a client (player) to only send one command (e.g. to use a verb) every server tick. This is simply how BYOND works. So this means if you've got 1-movement per client-command (which is how the default movement commands work), a player could only, at most, have 1 movement per tick, using that command.

The rate of server ticks can be adjusted by changing the world.tick_lag var, but keep in mind this will of course affect your entire server and game.

Also, you could always move a movable more than once per tick.
mob/verb/Sprint()
step(src,src.dir)
step(src,src.dir)
step(src,src.dir)
//(attempts to) move 3 times forward instantly
Thing is, it will of course be naturally invisible to the player, as he will only be updated in the next tick, so it could look like he had teleported 3 tiles forward.
In response to Kaioken
I have already seen games where after you get X var, you would run faster just by pressing diagonals, and the icon would still look fine
In response to Abrax
That is really quite meaningless to say. Maybe diagonal movement seems faster to you. Maybe before the player has actually unlocked his 'faster speed', he was simply being limited to a slow rate of movement (a common method to implement players getting faster), and the limit was removed (or heightened), or maybe the game's using a lower world.tick_lag to achieve a faster gameplay.
In response to Kaioken
well, you displayed all possible ways for me to archieve what I want, I guess I will just have to choose.

Thx for the help