ID:141285

Code:
mob
proc
Medal1()
if(src.HM1==0)
world.SetMedal("Getting Stronger", src.key, "Forerunnerz.DBTG", "hubpassword")
var/gotmedal = world.GetMedal("Getting Stronger", src.key)
if(isnull(gotmedal))
src<<"The hub could not be contacted, your medal was not obtained, please check your connection and try again."
return
else
src<<"You have unlocked the Getting Stronger medal."
return

Problem description:

I don't understand, I read the DM guide on this but I'm getting 3 errors. Inconstant indentation, even though it looks perfectly indented and the code looks like it can't get any better.

Also, is this the right way to get a medal unlocked? Here is my hub: http://www.byond.com/games/Forerunnerz/DBTG

PS: This isn't a rip. Completely original game 100% from scratch.

Doesn't Look proper to me.

mob
proc
Medal1()
if(src.HM1==0)
world.SetMedal("Getting Stronger", src.key, "Forerunnerz.DBTG", "hubpassword")
var/gotmedal = world.GetMedal("Getting Stronger", src.key)
if(isnull(gotmedal))
src<<"The hub could not be contacted, your medal was not obtained, please check your connection and try again."
return
else
return

Change spaces to tab keys.
In response to Howey
Woah. Guess I accidently deleted spaces from the 3 codes. I usually use TAB. Oh well. Thanks a lot man for pointed it out. Oh and do you think that I set up the medals right? It's still very new to me.
In response to Forerunnerz
I would think the world.setmedal() would be after the line
Not to sure though. Not looked into medals that much.
To shorten it:
You could just put world.SetMedal() in gotmedal. It returns true if it successfully contacted the hub, as the reference says.
You can use boolean in both the isnull() and ==0 conditions.
if(!HM1) can replace if(HM1==0).. and of course, if(HM1) can replace if(src.HM1), it's a matter of preference and four extra characters to type.
The isnull() line can be reduced to if(!gotmedal).
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
The isnull() line can be reduced to if(!gotmedal).

No, it can't; in some cases, such as this, distinguishing between the different false values is meaningful. For this case, GetMedal() is used to check if a player has a certain medal, or not. If he has it, it returns 1, if he doesn't, it returns 0*. When something's not right and the hub can't be contacted however, it returns the specific value of null, which in most cases you'd want to account for.
*: So if he used ! in this specific code, a player would get the "You've unlocked the medal" message even if he already had it before.
EDIT: So, okay, that's not precisely the case here (but the point still stands). His code is a little 'confused', the GetMedal() call is entirely redundant in the first place.