If you don't read, you don't get paid.
BYOND needs new ideas. It's boring now. I'm putting it bluntly.
Starting now, of course.
How do you know what I do?
Show me your progress from mob/Login() to a highly sophisticated game with a well thought out leveling system that everyone will grow to know and love.
How will you keep track?
Well, one way I usually keep track of some player's progress on games, like Ralf1324's game, Sekia, is through my Shell Server. In here you can get free hosting. There's a Servers tab on the left that allows you to check all games currently being hosted. You can update your games easily as well with the file manager. Ralf has been updating his game constantly for quite some time now.
At first it was decent. Yes, at first it was decent. Now, it's even more better than before. This is what I am looking for. Games that are original and have something that users have never seen before on BYOND, or even any other game for that matter.
How do I get paid?
You have two choices
1. Get BYOND membership
2. Get paid via paypal (You will need a paypal account for this)
How to apply?
Log on Shell Server and go to the Controls tab and click "Request Hosting Services". After you've done that, make sure you have a hub where you can update information about your game as well. First include the link to your hub. It should look something like http://byond.com/games/BYONDKEYHERE/HUBPATHHERE. Then, include a short (the longer and more descriptive the better. It shows that your game is thought out and I will believe you are more serious) description about what your game or project will be about. If it is under BYOND's standards, you will be permitted 1 free server for uploading and hosting.
How do I upload?
Uploading a Server (Don't upload games with apostrophes or quotation marks in their names. You won't be able to use it, delete it, or upload new ones):
- Click "Manage File"
- Click "Upload" towards the bottom of the newly popped up window
- Upload your .dmb file first. It should look like a black TV with an orange atom in it.
- If you have a .rsc file, upload that too. If not, click cancel and proceed to the next step. Keep in mind, some .rsc files are big and take time to upload. Wait until it says it was successfully uploaded. If you want to check your progress, click the top of your window where you see the word "Shell Server" and click Options & Messages. You will see a blue bar.
- Close this folder and click Start Server. Keep in mind, it will tell you which ports are open and which are closed. Choose any port that is open.
- Visible and Invisible is whether or not your game will be visible on the hub.
How to Update your game:
- Click "Manage Files"
- Click the folder name of your game
- At the bottom, click upload.
- Upload as many addition files as needed. Supported files are .sav, .dmb, and .rsc
- From here you have 2 options. Reboot your game from within your game and it will automatically update. Or, shutdown your game from within Shell Server and start it up again. Reboot is much faster, so invest in making a reboot verb.
There will be no fixed amount on how much you will get. I'm not rich. I don't have a job. I'm using the money I make from Shell Server. If anyone wants to pitch in to help out with this project, feel free. I'll allocate your money separately to make sure it goes to them and I'll keep logs of all transactions for show when people request it. Payouts can be random, if not none. There's no guarantee on anything as life throws us unexpected things.
Other than that, I wish you all good luck and I look forward to see some good games.
If you're unsure how payments will be made. Think if it as a grade. I'll be grading you on your work. And if another contributor doesn't want to directly send me money, they can instead choose whose work they want to donate towards. They just have to be committed.
For anyone wishing to contribute to this project, page me. I'll give you some contact information.