ID:1415

Airplanes do not allow even the most harmless of sharp objects to be taken in a carry-on: even nail clippers and knitting needles allowed!

On our twelve-hour flight home from Isreal, during the meals, they passed out eating utensils, including knives, to everybody. Now, these weren't just plastic knives -- they were silverware!

It was strange, but I thought it was funny at the same time.
It would have been funnier if you had stabbed the captain. You know, just to teach him a lesson. :-P
Wow, that is so stupid. And people wander how the hell afganistan bombed america. I know it was with guns but thats just an explanation.
hgo on a rampage kill everyone!except the ppl that took you drive the plane no soft landings smoosh alllll the ppl start a fire at the airport by driving a plane into it goto jail and get a jailbreak then you hide xD
I think Wizzie stabbed him, HM; I haven't seen him around lately. >_>
Odd isn't it, how people blame things on the youth of america. But look at those idiots. Ok i'm done, there's my 2 cents worth.
If everyone on the plane has a knife, who's going to try and start trouble?

I just watched an episode of "All in the Family" where Archie Bunker did a TV editorial saying airlines should issue pistols to everyone boarding the plane, then collect them at the destination point. The show played it for laughs, but it's probably not such a bad idea.
the knives you got are "butter-knives" they wouldn't be able to kill anyone with them, just cut them. Then again you could poke them in the eyes with it! Still i think platic knives are just as bad. But on those long trips you do need food, how else should you eat!?
Gug - that's a good point, but it would have been very possible for somebody to have a knife at a point when nobody else did by simply asking the steward(ess) for eating utensils. I actually did at one point because we brought food on the plane, and I wanted silverware to eat it.

Airline food is absolutely disgusting. They gave us this sandwich -- on one side, the bread had turkey pastrami on it, and on the other, it had this green eggplant spread. It tasted awful, but the stweardess told us to "Eat it -- the next meal is worse".

Woodyo - they weren't butter knives -- they were sharper than that. =P
Woodyo - My great grandpa comitted suicide with a knife very similar to a butter knife, so don't doubt that. :p
that's a good point, but it would have been very possible for somebody to have a knife at a point when nobody else did by simply asking the steward(ess) for eating utensils

If you can't give everyone weapons then at least make sure the passenger list is stocked with a bunch of badasses, like Israelis or something, and -- oh! Never mind! :)
You're an idiot. I could kill people with knitting needles. They're dangerous.
I deleted the anti-semitism along with all anti-semitism-related commentary. The anti-semitism itself needed to go, of course, and without it, the commentary made no sense.
Gug, are you familiar with the "polite society" theory of Robert Heinlein?
To wit: "An armed society is a polite society." The idea is that if everybody has guns (or, in the absence of guns, knives... as long as everybody has the same general level of "firepower"), and everybody knows that everybody has guns, then everybody would be forced to be civil in their dealings with each other. :P