ID:142173

Problem description:
Well, I've made a new Output with the name Chat for my ooc and say and I have face icons and they are suppose to be 32x32 but they are set to the default size 16x16, I know what the problem is but I'm not sure how it would be fixed.

Code:
/*Thats the right script to make the icon 32x32 but since I set my say for the Chat Output, the script is only designated to the original default Output.*/

client/script = {"<STYLE>BODY IMG.icon {width: 32px; height: 32px}</STYLE>"}

/*Here's my say coding (Part of it, the important part)*/

view(usr) << output("<font size=1><font face=verdana><b><font color=white><BIG>\icon[usr.face_icon]</BIG><font size = 1>[usr]<font color= red> Says: [msg]", "chat")

Garruea wrote:
Problem description:
Well, I've made a new Output with the name Chat for my ooc and say and I have face icons and they are suppose to be 32x32 but they are set to the default size 16x16, I know what the problem is but I'm not sure how it would be fixed.

Code:
> /*Thats the right script to make the icon 32x32 but since I set my say for the Chat Output, the script is only designated to the original default Output.*/
>
> client/script = {"<STYLE>BODY IMG.icon {width: 32px; height: 32px}</STYLE>"}
>
> /*Here's my say coding (Part of it, the important part)*/
>
> view(usr) << output("<font size=1><font face=verdana><b><font color=white><BIG>\icon[usr.face_icon]</BIG><font size = 1>[usr]<font color= red> Says: [msg]", "chat")
>

That BIG tag wouldn't (shouldn't?) do anything to an image.

Your problem is likely the wayward BODY tag in client/script. Otherwise, I haven't tested the use of client/script lately, so you might just have to put that IMG style in the output control's style information using the skin editor.
In response to Mobius Evalon
In the DM reference for the icon text macro, it says the <BIG> tag should make the embedded icon size 32 instead of 16, but it doesn't.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
In the DM reference for the icon text macro, it says the <BIG> tag should make the embedded icon size 32 instead of 16, but it doesn't.

If defined as such -- BIG IMG.icon{style}. Maybe Garruea meant to have that in his stylesheet instead of BODY IMG.icon{style}.
In response to Mobius Evalon
Mobius Evalon wrote:
Kaiochao wrote:

If defined as such -- BIG IMG.icon{style}. Maybe Garruea meant to have that in his stylesheet instead of BODY IMG.icon{style}.

What I'm meaning to do is make it where the IMG shows on say as the 32px I set it as, the BODY is their just in case I need it as a style. <BIG> is reference to the /icon to make the size to the reference.

Maybe adding the style to my output in say might change it, I will test it out and check
In response to Garruea
Read the Reference entry:
http://www.byond.com/docs/ref/info.html#/DM/text/macros/icon
Also read the linked entry about style sheets. Those go either by DM Script (client.script or a DMS file) or in your interface (in the output control's properties). The latter is the newer, better approach.
In response to Kaioken
Kaioken wrote:
Read the Reference entry:
http://www.byond.com/docs/ref/info.html#/DM/text/macros/icon
Also read the linked entry about style sheets. Those go either by DM Script (client.script or a DMS file) or in your interface (in the output control's properties). The latter is the newer, better approach.

I've read this many times and it does not once state how to make the clients script act twards the other output, therefore stating rereading it would be pointless.
In response to Garruea
You should make yourself more clear and specific, I'm not all that sure what you're saying. If you mean you need to put a different style in a specific output control, I already told you you can do that through the interface editor.

And instead of triple posting, use the Edit button.
In response to Kaioken
Kaioken wrote:
You should make yourself more clear and specific, I'm not all that sure what you're saying. If you mean you need to put a different style in a specific output control, I already told you you can do that through the interface editor.

And instead of triple posting, use the Edit button.

I had a descriptive problem and I typed what was wrong but a BYOND staff member edited my post so it's been gone for awhile