ID:1423044

(See the best response by MDC.)
Sorry, it's just another one of those codes where I don't where to start.

Is there a way to make a character appear bigger or larger without the use of pre-making a larger base? I want to able to enlarge overlays and all.
Use the atom's transform variable. If you scale it, the size of the atom will change around the center of the icon.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
Use the atom's transform variable. If you scale it, the size of the atom will change around the center of the icon.

I'm unfamiliar with this variable. Do you mean the scale proc?

In response to Asterr
Best response
Press F1 in DreamMaker to open up the reference and search "transform". That will give you all the information you need. I suggest looking up "animate" as well.
In response to MDC
MDC wrote:
Press F1 in DreamMaker to open up the reference and search "transform". That will give you all the information you need. I suggest looking up "animate" as well.

I tried Transform and got preprocessors, and I don't see how animate helps me scale your current icon.
You didn't look quite hard enough.

mob/verb/Grow()
var/matrix/scale_matrix = matrix()
scale_matrix.Scale(2) // *2
animate(usr,transform = scale_matrix, time = 5)

I chose to do the more verbose version of matrix scaling to make things more readable but you can do things like "matrix()*2" to get the same effect.
In response to Nadrew
Well no, I didn't realize it until you brought up the matrix proc, but I was using a much older version of DM, hence why nothing was useful was showing up. Anyway, thank you!