src << x
src << y
src << z
src.x = x
src.y = y
src.z = z

This is part of Login()

Problem description:
When i login it actually DISPLAYS the right coordinates but does not teleport me to them...

mob/Login()
..()

var
savefile/F = new("Blarg.ext")

new_x
new_y
new_z

F["x"] >> new_x
F["y"] >> new_y
F["z"] >> new_z

loc = locate(new_x, new_y, new_z)
In response to Popisfizzy
Thanks. I did not consider using locate
Lcooper wrote:
Problem description:
When i login it actually DISPLAYS the right coordinates but does not teleport me to them...

...It's not a problem with DM at all. The << operator is the output operator, look it up. When you use it on a mob or client, it's supposed to display a message to them, which you should be familiar with. Always look things up if you're having problems with them, you'd have seen there are 2 separate usages for '<<'.
In response to Kaioken
Kaioken wrote:
Lcooper wrote:
Problem description:

...It's not a problem with DM at all. The << operator is the output operator, look it up. When you use it on a mob or client, it's supposed to display a message to them, which you should be familiar with. Always look things up if you're having problems with them, you'd have seen there are 2 separate usages for '<<'.

I think he knew that, he just didn't know you can't directly set the x, y, and z variables. (I do bugtesting checks like that all the time, of course, not for things like that, though.)
In response to Naokohiro
Naokohiro wrote:
I think he knew that, he just didn't know you can't directly set the x, y, and z variables.

Apparently it was part of the 'problem description' and DM was being retarded 'ACTUALLY' displaying them, so I assumed he tried to use the operator in savefile-esque context, but indeed it could be a debug attempt, which didn't really make sense seeing as you can set the x,y,z vars directly, which is just the same effect as setting loc directly to a turf, and simply isn't recommended for that reason. Therefore, as long as the coordinates were valid, it would have worked, so I wonder if Pop's "solution" really did change a thing? Since it shouldn't.

(I do bugtesting checks like that all the time, of course, not for things like that, though.)

Of course, although myself I use one output for that instead of 3, so meh.