ID:142328

I need help with one script. So my problem:
This is commands to create scrolls on all desks on view.
if(cmptext(t,"quillis"))
if(src.Gm==0)
for(var/obj/Desk/T in view())
var/scroll = /obj/Scroll
flick('mist.dmi',T)
new scroll(T.loc)
view()<<"[usr] flicks their wand, causing Scrolls to appear on the desks."

I need someone to remake it to this:
If gm say "abcd" on all obj/plate in view appears obj/beer, obj/Food/Turkey and obj/Food/Sundae. I was trying to remake but didnt work. Thanks for reading.
So you want GMs to be able to create scrolls on desks just by saying the word? That depends on how you have set up a few things (namely, how you'd know if a player was a GM), but I can make a small demo.

var/list/GMs=list("YMIHere", "FiveUSSJ")

atom/movable/proc/Hear(msg, atom/movable/speaker) // All purpose hearing proc for all movable atoms.
// Spam protection (like message limits) can go here.
src << msg

obj
desk
Hear(msg, mob/speaker) // Override Hear() for the desk to look for conditions.
..()
if(ismob(speaker) && findtext(ckey(msg), "makescroll") && speaker.key in GMs)
new /obj/scroll(src.loc)

// Just to let people know it was made.
for(var/atom/movable/A in view(src))
A.Hear("[src]: I made a scroll!", src)

scroll

mob/verb/speak(msg as text)
for(var/atom/movable/A in view(src)) // Instead of displaying a message to view() we'll
A.Hear("[src]: [msg]", src) // call their Hear() proc and send it the message.

// Just fun.
mob/Hear(msg, atom/movable/speaker)
..()
if(!ismob(speaker))
for(var/atom/movable/A in view(src))
A.Hear("[src]: AHHHH! A [speaker] is talking to me!", src)

With this a lot of variations "make scroll" will prompt the desk to make a scroll.
In response to YMIHere
Ymi, i just want someone to remake this script. Its working, just say me where to change it to create food.
In response to FiveUSSJ
FiveUSSJ wrote:
Ymi, i just want someone to remake this script.

This isn't a Code Requests or Program For Me forum. Perhaps you should try to look for a programmer in Classified Ads, BYOND Anime or whereever appropriate.

But hey, I'll help you. Change /obj/Scroll to /obj/Food. Wow, wasn't that incredibly difficult? You'd have never possibly thought of that if I didn't tell you. Oh, I'll leave changing the command from "quills" to something else for you.
In response to Kaioken
Kaioken wrote:
FiveUSSJ wrote:
Ymi, i just want someone to remake this script.

This isn't a Code Requests or Program For Me forum. Perhaps you should try to look for a programmer in Classified Ads, BYOND Anime or whereever appropriate.

But hey, I'll help you. Change /obj/Scroll to /obj/Food. Wow, wasn't that incredibly difficult? You'd have never possibly thought of that if I didn't tell you. Oh, I'll leave changing the command from "quills" to something else for you.

1. dont be rude.
2. its sure that i was doing it but still dont works.
In response to FiveUSSJ
I was being factual, not rude.
As for "your" code, that should most definitely accomplish it, though of course it'd be better done with a few more changes and tweaks. Perhaps you did it wrong, or there is something else we don't know about (since you only posted a part of the relevant proc). In either case you should post your (whole) modified proc so we can see the problem instead of guessing.
In response to Kaioken
if(cmptext(t,"quillis"))
if(src.Gm==0)
for(var/obj/Desk/T in view())
var/scroll = /obj/Scroll
flick('mist.dmi',T)
new scroll(T.loc)
view()<<"[usr] flicks their wand, causing Scrolls to appear on the desks."

if(cmptext(t,"*claps*"))
if(src.Gm==0)
for(var/obj/plate in view())
var/scroll = /obj/beer
flick('mist.dmi',T)
new scroll(T.loc)
view()<<"Food appeared on the plates."

Here is what i tried to do. Dream Maker returns this:
Login.dm:870: Inconsistent indentation.
Line 870 is if(cmptext(t,"*claps*"))
What is wrong here?
In response to FiveUSSJ
I really think you should go re-read (or read?) DM Guide.
In response to Flame Sage
Can't you just say me whats wrong? =o
In response to FiveUSSJ
First what does inconsistent indentation mean? If you know what it means take a good look at your code, doesn't something look out of place, I know I see something out of place.
In response to FiveUSSJ
I'm surprised nobody has commented on your English but that doesn't really matter.
What's wrong is that you have inconsistent indentation in your Login.dm file's line number 870. Which is if(cmptext(t,"*claps*"))

Look at the rest of your code in that section, do you see any differences in spacing?
I suggest you read the DM Guide, and look at this page:
http://www.byond.com/members/ DreamMakers?command=view_post&post=40355
In response to FiveUSSJ
He did. What's wrong is that you didn't read/understand the DM Guide and don't know how to work with code at all. For the actual error in your code though, the error message already tells you what that is. Amazing, is it not?
In response to Lyndonarmitage1
Ok, it works and btw, sure that i want what it means but dont think that its only TAB button >.< i was thinking that its something with code but ok, nvm tpic to close i think...
In response to FiveUSSJ
<small>FiveUSSJ wrote:
Ok, it works and btw, sure that i want what it means but dont think that its only TAB button >.<

Error: inconsistent indentation
Meaning: Something must be not right with indentation, I suppose!

TAB button: Is used for creating indentation. Hmm. Yes, spaces can also be used. Note "tabbing" is considered better.</small>
In response to Kaioken
seems you have the help you need now, I just wanted to comment on the patronising comments some posters made to you.

1) so what if English isn't his first language
2) no, you are not better than him because you know more
3) Dont patronise peopel because you are hidden behind a screen
4) yes you were being rude, civility costs nothing, and harms no-one.
5) Its people like that who make a good amount of beginners not want to post askign for ehlp. why would they if they are amde to look stupid for doing it.
6) If everyone who read the DM guide understands everythign in it thoroughly there would be no need for the majority of these forums, now would there.

Dont bother replying to me I wont read it or give you the satisfaction of a reply. Just treat others as you expect to be treated, and rememebr we were all noobs at one time or another.

For the record, I'm not directing this at any one person here, just airing my thoughts on the overall experience the original poster must ahve had after askign a question.

p.s. plz dont comment on the variety of 'spelling' mistakes in my post, I cant help being dyslexic.

Peace out ..
In response to Resincake
Resincake wrote:
seems you have the help you need now, I just wanted to comment on the patronising comments some posters made to you.
For the record, I'm not directing this at any one person here, just airing my thoughts on the overall experience the original poster must ahve had after askign a question.

Ah, I see. There was no need for it, though. This section is for Code Problems. If this Code Problem was over, there was no need to bump it; if you want to do these kind of things (eg whine about the Community), then you are free to bother people in the Community forum instead, just like everyone else. >_>