ID:142390

<b>Code:</b>                    if("Kai only Gms allowed to choose")
if(GMLevel>=1)
src<<"This race is for Gm only you get booted for being an idiot"
del(usr)
else

Problem description:Im trying to make it where if a player takes and picks this race and is not a gm they get booted can someone help me out?

1) "Idiot", not "idoit". That's rather ironic.
2) Better option: Don't let the person even pick the race that is only supposed to be for a GM.
In response to Popisfizzy
well first off when i not on it they do it anywyas i want to prevent them from getting it
In response to Christopher52488
That's what I mean! If they aren't a GM, then don't even let them have access to choosing it.
thats what im asking for help with on this code im trying to make a block where peopel cant pick it unless they are gm
No, you're asking them to get banned if they choose it. Instead, do something like this:
//A list of ckeys of GMs.
var/list/GMs = list("stevie", "bob", "bill")

mob/proc/PickRace()
var/list/races = list("Monkey", "Donkey", "Zebra")
if(ckeys in GMs) races += "Lion"

race = input(src, "Your race:") in races
ok thanks ill see if this helps out
Popisfizzy wrote:
No, you're asking them to get banned if they choose it. Instead, do something like this:
> //A list of ckeys of GMs.
> var/list/GMs = list("stevie", "bob", "bill")
>
> mob/proc/PickRace()
> var/list/races = list("Monkey", "Donkey", "Zebra")
> if(ckeys in GMs) races += "Lion"
>
> race = input("Your race:") in races
>

NOw will this boot them off or prevent them from clicking it and boot them off?
That will keep them fro even being able to choose the race. It's a really dumb idea just to kick them for choosing something they shouldn't.
well this race has all the powers and stuff for gms and boosts for gms
That's why you don't let them select that race. How is this concept not getting through?
i dont want to sit there and say u cant be it get off and then they be abusing it when im not on thats what im trying to do is to keep them off when im not on it
Oh. My. God. Look, I'm going to put it as plain as I can so you understand what's going on.

1) You create a list of people who are allowed to be a GM.
2) When people try and create a character or just change their race or whatever, check to see if they're a GM. If they aren't, then they can't even choose that race, meaning they can't muck around with the GM commands.
3) Everyone wins.