ID:1432060

To keep it short, Opened a Paypal account and got my account limited at $12,900 for no reason at all. I've called Paypal customer service whose only job seems to make smoke appear from there arse and speak bullshit. They claim that my account will be permanently limited and my funds will only be available after 180 days! 180 days wait for my own money!? Oh yea and Paypal also makes a profit for the holding of the funds via interest. Pure evil.
Anyway as of this moment I'm even thinking of filling a lawsuit against Paypal hence my phone calls to them always conclude with the same load of baloney. I've tried all reasonable options and at this point I'm exhausted and Stressed out with this whole ordeal and anyone that is thinking about opening a Paypal Account , Save yourself the trouble and steer clear from these greedy bafoons.
Well my experience with paypal is that I got an account, let it sit there for a few months, and then received one payment and cashed it out within a week. I'm sure they have a reason for limiting your account to only 12k
You're not under 18 are you?
I'm turning 18 January.
That would be your problem, you have to be over 18 to actually have a Paypal account legally, they're just covering their butts. I've been using Paypal since before I was 18, but I was legally emancipated so I was an exception and had to go through a whole process to have my account fully verified, I've never once had an issue with Paypal in the 10 years or so I've used them -- and I use my account for 100% of my banking these days, debit card and all.

They're like any other bank, if a minor's (or anyone's, but a minor's is extra sensitive) account is showing a lot of activity, especially over $10,000 you're gonna start getting trouble. Perhaps you should read the terms of service for something involving your money before you start using it?
I'm 17 currently. I turn 18 in December and I've been using PayPal for about 3 years now. I have my bank account linked up and everything. I have yet to hit $10,000. What have you been doing?

PayPal's customer support seems to be lenient. Too lenient. They verified my account by me just asking them to verify it. Lol. I just called and then, poof! They did it. As well as unfreezing my account from unauthorized access. Because apparently someone from.. China.. logged on. I don't know if it was a remote IP I was on or if it was just someone trying to access my account.

Anyways, I suggest you try calling them once more. Ask them:

Why was my account frozen?

What can I do about it other than wait?

I'm 17. What if I have parental consent and supervision to use PayPal?

I have been ______* with my PayPal. Is that okay?

*Whatever you've been doing to get money.

That's the basic questions I perform to get my way. It's not always the exact same question. But, it's generalized around that topic. And they seem to work with me properly. However, it does indeed get annoying when their security features mess with my account until I call them.

How long as this been by the way? And I'm still confused as to what you mean by limited and why it was limited.
I wouldn't mind knowing how a 17 year old had 12 grand in his paypal account to begin with, I'm 22 in 6 days and I've never seen that money before in anyone's bank account let alone paypal account. That's almost what the average minimum wage person gets in England per year...
In response to Howey
Howey wrote:
I wouldn't mind knowing how a 17 year old had 12 grand in his paypal account to begin with

He is running a naruto fanrip, although there is no indication that people pay or donate for it...

I'm 22 in 6 days and I've never seen that money before in anyone's bank account let alone paypal account. That's almost what the average minimum wage person gets in England per year...

17 year-olds don't have expenses. And obviously Winning isn't getting the money by working overtime at his local convenience store...

Yeah, I don't think I would hit 12k unless I saved up since I was 8 while still getting the same extra cash that I get today. That's how little it is. It's really questionable, which is also why you need to explain yourself to PayPal. Because there can be illegalities there. Not to mention, if you're in the US then you'll probably have to pay taxes. But, hey. I know nothing about taxes. Never had to pay them. I just know if you may a certain amount in a month, you'll have to pay.
Who are you and why am I in this?
In response to Arotisan
What are you talking about.
lao makes money by making ppl buy overrated edits smh lol
Falcon lazorz wrote:
He runs a Naruto GOA rip and illegally gains profit through 'donations' which supply players with benefits in-game. So yeah, PayPal should be suspicious.

Winning shouldn't be making any sort of threats against Paypal, and is lucky himself that FUNimation doesn't look into this.

In response to SkullKid07
I think you mean Viz Media.
I was wondering why his name was familiar..
May he gets his money from more than just his rip game

I just blocked him after this

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2hpm2rr.jpg

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2hpm2rr.jpg
Oh shutup Danny boy, Im not 18 and do not have a card yet was simply asking you to buy me a bus ticket back to NY from megabus.com, Its good now I had to get a prepaid card >_>.
Ha! Megabus... What a horrible journey that company offers. I'm stuck with using that company on Saturday. 7 Hours of hating my life on my coach.
Ah yes, first world problems...
In response to Danny112
Actually that's exactly what he does. He uses a technique called phishing where he sends fake Paypal emails to purchase a product. He did it to me with pixel art a while back. Ever since then I've had several people that were dumb enough to give him their credit card info, come with complaints of him purchasing computers and servers with it. I'm talking hundreds of dollars. This is the life some people choose, sooner or later it'll hopefully come to an end. The good or the bad way.
They scam up so fast. ;-;
Page: 1 2