Manacept

by The Magic Man
Manacept
A collectible card game.
ID:1432161

As most of you probably noticed, there has not been an update for a while now.

There are several reasons for this. The first is I was busy for a bit.
The second and real reason is that I do not have much art for cards left, and I have limit money right now. So I am going to buy a graphics tablet and start doing the art myself for all new cards added (and slowly redraw old cards). I however simply don't have the money to get a graphics tablet until near Christmas time. So the next update probably wont come until after new years.

To make up for this, I will try to make the next update bigger than normal (and technically I am already adding cards, they simply lack art).
Here is what you can expect at minimum.

A fallen angel archetype. They will revolve around sacrificing light element monsters to achieve specific effects, stronger monster sacrifices result in stronger effects.

Berserker archetype. Will revolve around dealing direct damage to monster cards, but usually with some kind of sacrifice.

Rogue archetype. Will specialize in annoying and stealing cards from the enemy.

Guardian archetype. Will specialize in reducing damage taken and protecting other monster cards.

Cleric archetype. Will specialize in healing and strengthening other monster cards.

The Rank and File archetype is being slightly reworked. The general theme is the same (more on the field = stronger cards), but some cards are being changed or buffed.

The Oni archetype is being reworked entirely. The new archetype will specialize in antiswarming tactics, and punish players who manage to summon more than 1 monster in a turn (or limit summoning entirely).

I will naturally add probably 2-4 monsters of each race to packs, new attack and support cards.

I'm also going to rework a lot of the useless or weak cards in the game.

I am aiming for 200 new cards for the next update (or 1000 total).

However, before this, I may hold a small christmas tournament of some kind, along with unique cards that will only be obtainable at christmas.
Woooo! Progress and a Plan. I like it.
Also, since I've not been paying major attention to the game for a few weeks, if there are any bugs or issues I need to know about then they should be posted now.

I'd also like to get some sort of "player profile" set up. But I'm not sure what sort of info it should include. Any ideas?

EDIT: Here is also what the reworked Onis will look like (numbers and so on are likely to change)

Nurarihyon
On use, place this card on the enemies side of the field
Cannot attack or be attacked in battle
Only the owner of the card can use it's effects

Daruma
At the end of every turn, set the counters on this card to the number of cards the enemy has in play
Use this card to deal 75 damage x counters on it

Red Oni
If red and blue oni are in play, the enemy player cannot normal summon
Blue Oni

Onibaba
If the enemy summons more than 1 card per turn while this card is in play, all monsters the own must skip a turn

Kappa
Once per turn, use this card to place a landfill counter on the enemies side of the field (monster card, cannot be used for anything, just wastes space)
This landfill card lasts for 3 turns

Bakeneko
At the end of a turn, if the enemy player has summoned more than 1 card, randomly destroy one of the cards in play

Tengu
If the enemy player has more monster cards on the field, this card cannot take battle damage

Onikuma
If the enemy player has more monster cards on the field, this card can attack twice

Bikou attack
Damage is equal to 150 + 150 for every monster card the enemy has over the owner of thsi card (if owner has 2, and enemy has 4, then it is 300 bonus damage)

Oni Tensei
While this card is in play, negate all special summons

Kanabo
Everytime the enemy summons a card add a counter to this card
the card equipped with this deals 75 bonus damage for every counter on this card

Gourd
special summon an oni card from deck or hand

Onigawara
Select an oni card in play, return it to owners hand, in exchange return one card on the eneies side of the field to their hand

Hebereke
If the enemy player has more monster in play, deal damage equal to 200 x the number of monsters

Ushisake
Can only be used if owner has 1 oni card on the field and the enemy player has more than 1 card on the field
Select 1 card the enemy player has in play, destroy all cards except this one and the oni card on the players side of the field
Those sound great like all the ideas so far. Player profiles could include like favorite Arch-type, Favorite card(2 or 3 maybe), and a tip so that everyone can have their own tip/trick posted for others to see.
Wow, woooooooooooooooow, smh i just typed in 3 or 4 super long paragraphs in for suggestions, the last explaining how i wasn't really feeling up for it when i came back to it from doing stuff hours after i'd begun, but decided to persevere anyways, and then offering apologies for any incoherence or difficulties in reading through it nicely as a result of that... and what happens? some damn "you are not authorised to post here" crap comes up, and i just lose all that writing and all that effort turns out for nothing..... grrrrrrrrr! oh well w/e cba... i might come back to edit this and add in some of the suggestions again, probably in bullet point fashion, but for right now... NOPE.

Tch. Bah, oh well. Rant over. Just in all making sure you know i did try to contribute ... 'lol' (stupid internet habits >.>) <.<
Well maybe next time post it instead of waiting.

But yeah, I really need ideas on what to do with the game next. I'm even struggling to add new cards just because I have no ideas.
I have been typing up some ideas on some cards. But if you want to have some creative think time hop on the game maybe a few players and you can have a little pow-wow.

I thought of suggesting some new cards but I also thought why if he has no current art.
Also just to keep people upto date, these are cards I have confirmed added so far.

Metatron - High level angel, cannot be targeted in battle at all.
Uriel - Mid level angel. Deals damage to all monsters in play (except it's self) every turn.
Azazel - Mid level angel. Can remove from play 2 monsters in the enemy players graveyard, if it does heal it for 100 hp per monster removed.
Angra Mainyu - High level angel. On use flip a coin, if heads destroy all enemy monster cards on the field, if tails destroy all monster cards on this cards side of the field.

Faun - Low level beastman. On use select a monster card and heal it by 200 hp.
Harpy - Mid level beastman. On use remove from play the top card in the enemy players mana deck.
Penguin General - Mid/high level beastman. On use you can return any one card on the field from play.
Wadjet - Mid level beastman card. When it attacks add a counter to it. For every counter it has on it, reduce damage by 50 and inflict equal damage to the attacking monster card.

Cockatrice - Mid level beast card. On use select a card and prevent it from attacking for a turn, if the card is already forced to skip an attack, destroy it instead.
Basilisk - Mid level beast card. If this card is attacked, the attacking card skips 2 attack turns.
Tarrasque - High level beast card. Cannot be destroyed in battle.
Island Turtle - High level beast card. Can only be summoned if the players field is empty, and while it's in play the owner of it cannot play any other monster cards. It has very high Hp and special summons 4 tokens to the field with high hp on summon too. If it's destroyed the tokens are also destroyed.

Asura - Mid level demon, gains attack equal to it's missing Hp.
Legion - Mid level demon, has exactly 1000 hp, only ever takes 100 damage in battle that ignores any other effect, cannot attack.
Valefar - High level demon, so long as this card in in play, anytime any monster card attacks, it will steal a card from the other players hand (this effect applies for any monster, even the other players).
Paimon - Low level demon, can be sacrificed to gain control of an enemy monster card.

Micus - Mid level dragon. On use heal one card for 500 Hp.
Pravus - Mid level dragon. On use damage one card by 500.
Reus - Mid level dragon. Cannot take damage unless it's above 250.
Impetus - Mid level dragon. Always deals 500 damage in battle, but always takes 500 damage in battle. No exceptions.

Ifrit - Mid/high level Elemental. Deal 100 damage to any monster card that is summoned.
Garuda - High level Elemental. While this card in in play no one can use support cards.
Siren - Mid level Elemental. Deal 100 damage per turn to all enemy monsters, and heal all your monsters by 100.
Titan - Mid level Elemental. Add 1 counter to this card per turn. This card cannot take damage unless it's higher than the number of counters on it multiplied by 75.

Also, during December I'll be adding 4 limited edition Christmas themed cards. If you win a game there is a small chance you'll be given a special pack containing 1 of these cards. They all have unique art and effects.
Oooh, you're looking more for card suggestions, but yeah the 'wall' i wrote initially were all game suggestions.

So anyway, what exactly are you after?
Are you asking us to just think up anything that qualifies as "new" effect/monster cards for the game in general? And would that simply be you trying to get at least a chunk of the remaining cards till a thousand set up, so you can just move on to applying art and adding the cards in a big batch when the time comes..?

Or are you asking for something more specific, like only certain types of cards: only monsters? just ones for the new archtypes you're planning to include? or perhaps you're asking for ideas that will use up artwork you have in abundance?

Anyway, game ideas! (might as list the ones that might impact the profile idea)

• Wishlist: Via the card library one can identify a card as desired by them, with a limit to how many you can specify at once. In the user profile you could then have a feature that let you know whether the profile owner had in excess (more than 1 in total) any of the cards in your wishlist -perhaps a 'notification' or alert of sorts could make this apparent to the viewer, showing how many of your wishlist they had... (there could be further options that could be considered for such a feature if implemented, but for now, i shall be vague).

• More intriguing rating system E.g. the Player tags might still show win loss ratio but instead of displaying an exact value for rating, you could assign labels to different ranges and display them visibily along with the position of a player amongst the entire playbase, then only when the user profile became visible i.e. in my scenario a profile would be made visible from a rollover type effect, might you then show the exact score as well as overall matches and win/loss ratios... i think i'll add an image to perhaps give the basic presentation of my idea.

• Last but not leeeeeeeast, that's right Badges of recognition! or Medals! yaaay~ ;D, so i imagine/hope that at some point you will try to work these into the game, would be cool to see a section in the user profile showing what they've achieved ... again i reckon i could post a draft i'll try and put together in paint if need be, might help. If you are interested in that, then i can offer more details on specific kinds of badges or targets you could possibly implement for the game to keep things interesting... Especially if tournaments do get scheduled now and then, i think then this would very much be something worth going for.

... still quite long in the end... but OH WELL. Heh. Happy reading.. xD.
Game ideas are welcome too. Anything to improve upon the game in anyway at all helps.

Also, you don't generally need to design an entire card. It is the effects I am having a hard time coming up with. I want them to be at least different and new.
Check the game out, i'm attempting to let you know something in case it wasn't included within the 'million of bug fixes' that you mentioned in the logs. Go go go!
Hope you check out the bug reports section magic, especially as i posted something not long ago that probably needs to be looked at, which reminds me... another bug, valkyrie's (angel monster card) effect didn't seem to work, whereby while in play all defeated monsters were removed straight from play, instead of this happening an effect that an enemy monsters equip card had was allowed to go through -reviving the monster it was attached to- even though it was only supposed to work when the attached monster was defeated normally and sent to the graveyard (specifies that on the card).
This just in. I've just ordered the graphics tablet, should be here by the 21st to 24th. But be warned, it's still going to take a while to add cards. If I'm adding 200, even if I draw 10 a day that is 20 days to add them all.

Also, any bugs posted here should have been fixed now.
revive the manacept wiki, and use its forums :3
I didn't make the wiki, not my job to manage it. Besides I have enough work as it is and I'm not going to make more work for myself.
I'll work on the Wiki if people want it. That can be something I can do in my spare time to help out.

@Tiktik he uses the forums. Not sure why you think he doesn't.
In response to Shadowkaroth
Shadowkaroth wrote:
@Tiktik he uses the forums. Not sure why you think he doesn't.

Wikia, as my other wikis show-- has a fantastic forum that also helps newcomers and non-byond people (Wikia Promotion/Wikia Other Stuff=Many Players, as ToJ wikia shows for its size.)

This just in. I hate art. That is all there is too it. If I even bother adding any of the art I draw, it's going to suck because I can't be bothered getting good at drawing.

PS. I want to make another game already damn it. I'm probably going to add whatever art I have left to the game, fix a few old cards and say screw it, the games done. I've got other stuff to do.

On the upside, this update will come sooner. Probably shortly after Christmas.
On the downside, it probably wont have lots of new cards.

EDIT: Added Fallen angels for today. Will proceed to add archetypes for rogues, clerics, guardians and berserkers. Also considering adding a Goblin archetype (either human or beastman) with a theme that is suppose to be annoying. Not sure on exact cards yet.
This and a few attack/support cards should be added by new years day at the latest.

Here are the fallen angel cards for anyone interested.

They all have fallen infront of them, so I'm not going to write it out everytime.

Virtue. On summon sacrifice a holy element card from the hand and gain counters equal to it's level. At the start of every turn use 2 counters to return an angel race card from the graveyard to hand.
Authority. On use sacrifice a holy element card from the hand, heal all cards by 50x the sacrificed cards level.
Cherubim. On use sacrifice a holy element card from the hand. Gain counters equal to it's level. All enemy healing is reduced by 50x the counters on this card.
Power. On use sacrifice a holy element card from the hand and add counters to this card equal to the level. The owner of this card gains holy mana equal to the counters on this card.
Seraphim. On use sacrifice a holy element card from the hand. Reduce the level of all enemy monster cards by the sacrificed cards level, if their level drops to 0 or lower destroy them.
Archangel. Sacrifice a card from hand, gain counters. This card gains attack equal to counters*25.
Dominion. Sacrifice a card from hand, gain counters. Prevent enemies from attacking if there level is lower than half the counters on this card (rounded up)
Fallen Angel. Effect is same, it's now holy element angel card.

Vengeance. Attack card, deals bonus damage for every holy element monster card in the graveyard.

Spirit of the Fallen. Sacrifice a holy card from hand, all fallen angel cards gain 2 counters.
Soul Piercing Arrow. Sacrifice holy card from hand to destroy a monster on the field.
The Fallen Rise. Special summon a fallen angel card from the graveyard.
Fall From Glory. Prevents enemy angel cards (not fallen angels) from attacking.
Field Of The Fallen. Field card, sets the fields element to holy, increases all fallen angel cards atk/def by 100 and lowers all other cards atk/def by 100.
Longinus the last hope. Equip to a fallen angel card. Support cards cannot be used while this card is in play, the card equipped with this card gains infinite attack and defence. After 3 turns the owner of this card loses the game if it's still in play. (This card has the lowest priority of any card in the game too, meaning any cards that effect attack or defence in any way at all happen before this card so without exception this card causes damage dealt to be maximized and damage received to be negated)
It's good to see you make progress on this.

*sigh*....
I've added the Cleric archetype today. The cards are...

Arch Bishop - On use heal all cards on it's side of the field by 250 hp.
Dragon Paladin - It's a cleric class monster but can use warrior attacks as well.
Lady of the Lake - If this card takes damage, heal all other cards by the damage it takes.

Judex - An attack that does 200 damage to all enemy monsters.
Adoramus - An attack that does 250 damage and if the hit enemy is not holy element they skip an attack turn.

Coluseo - Heals a card to full hp.
Prayer - Heals all cards by a small amount, increases for every cleric card in play.
Dispel - Removes all equip cards from enemy monsters.
Sanctuary - Continuous effect that heals all cards per turn but stops healing if no clerics are in play.
Church Law - Reduces enemy atk by 75x number of clerics in play.
Divinia - Destroys all support cards on use and prevents any support cards from being used for one turn.
Redemptio - Revives a monster, if no cleric is in play the monster skips an attack turn.
Cleanse - All ally monster cards that had to skip an attack turn can now attack.

Also, I'm considering seeing how this credit system BYOND added works and adding the option to buy credits. What do you people think is a good price for this?
I'm thinking something like $1 = 1000 credits, $2 = 2200 and $3 = 3600.
Page: 1 2