ID:143350

Code:

Problem description:

Umm, i have my map and login code, but when i run my world the screen is black, and im like a beginner at coding, ive been trying to learn over a year, but i forget everything later on, so i need help.

Did you put anything on your map?
In response to Ripiz
yes, turf, but it seems that all my turf icons are now grass, and idk why >_<, dont i put codeing to be placed on the map, like src.loc = locate(1,1,1)
In response to Tacomaster
Show us your login code?

In response to Murrawhip
I used a demo to handle char handling, so im not sure exactly where the login coding is, maybe you guys can tell me what code to put in.
Id really like to learn how to code before i try to make a game, but ive been trying and i just keep forgetting everything, so i guess i need someone to teach me instead of demos, alot of people tell me that they learned from messing with sources, but idk.
Well, there are several likely reasons why you could be getting a black screen.

Perhaps you do not have anything on your map file.

Perhaps your login code that you modified is locating the user to a portion of your map that doesn't exist/doesn't have any visible icons located there.

The list goes on.

If I were you, I would open your map file, and ensure that it actually has stuff on it, and it is being included in the compilation (has it got a tick next to its name?)

I would then search through the character handling code for anything that changes the mob's location. (Probably something that has the locate() proc in it)
In response to Murrawhip
Im thinking that the map error is messing it up, cause the default turf is the grass, right after i make a map the grass is already there, but idk why it does that.