ID:1433678

Can anyone recommend a free webserver? I need something where I can host my website, I'm using PHP, MySQL, JS, and jQuery. The PHP and MySQL means I need something that offers databases (And preferably PHPmyAdmin).

I'm using WAMP to test my code, but I want to get some comments on it as I go along to completion, so would be handy if I had a webserver.

The problem is I have no intention of paying for comments & opinions, so I am hoping there's a free server somewhere that I can use.

Obviously if there isn't then I'll just have to deal with it and just go by my own judgement.
I get my websites for free at http://awardspace.com - Word of advice, don't buy their $1.00 per year hosting. You can only buy it for a year. After the year ends, you can't renew it for the next $1.00 special they have. It's a first time purchase only. The next purchase would cost you like 50$ per year. But, the free one gives you 5GB Bandwidth, which isn't that bad. I haven't come close to touching that. Haven't even hit 1GB and I have a lot of files there and get a lot of views (around 1000 per day).

No ads, php, mysql, etc. Especially the no ads part.

I high lighted it when taking the screenshot. I don't know why.

Emails don't work with sub domains btw. I think they offer a "free domain" there though. It's from dx.am Where .am is the top level domain. I realized that anything under dx.am isn't viewable by adsense. So, if you're using it for any revenue stuff, be weary of this. I still don't know if you get a dx.am website if you will be able to use emails. Primarily because I just never used it.
That looks fine, but I have no idea where it shows my URL to the website after I upload my files.

I've even tried hosting a free domain on there which says is working fine, but when I put it into my web browser it says it doesn't exist.
Give them 30 mins max to set up your account. Do you have skype/teamviewer for screen sharing? Or are you able to screen shot how you're uploading it?

I usually log in, Click the File Manager (Advanced) and do it that way. You'd also have to make sure you created your free subdomain. Or at least transfered a domain over to it.
I got it working through the advanced file manager, the light one sucks.

Cheers dude.
The light one indeed does suck. But it's good for quick fixes if you don't feel like dealing with the force tabs and stuff in the advanced one.

No problem.
i just use 000webhost for whatever, it works great for hosting when you have your own domain so you don't have to subdomain off them.
I'm using a free domain on awardspace, I didn't have to use a subdomain, I had the option in the domain manager to have a free domain lol.

It's still a subdomain, Howey. They just call it a domain and give you an email server lol. :P - dx.am is the domain. .am is the top domain. SUBDOMAIN.dx.am, you are subdomain. But if you look at it, it's kind of like a domain. You just have a disadvantage because some services may have bad rep with that domain and in turn, you can't use that domain for things like adsense.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
It's still a subdomain, Howey. They just call it a domain and give you an email server lol. :P - dx.am is the domain. .am is the top domain. SUBDOMAIN.dx.am, you are subdomain. But if you look at it, it's kind of like a domain. You just have a disadvantage because some services may have bad rep with that domain and in turn, you can't use that domain for things like adsense.

I didn't even notice that.

Oh well, stupid awardsapce tricking me.

Never the less, it's perfect for what I need the service for so I'm good lol.
Lol yeah. If not that, you can run the site on your own computer with apache or nginx. It's really easy. And you can get many subdomains directed to your IP with dyndns. I got 100 free redirects. But, I don't know if they do them for free anymore. If not, I have plenty to share lol.