ID:1434113

How do you pronounce BYOND beyond or baiond?
What is the correct way to say these these:

Coder: programmer?
Coding: code?
Code in: program?
To Code: to program?
Coded: programmed?
Iconner: pixel artist? Graphic artist?
To icon: to do pixel art?
Other wrong terms?
I say "beyond" but make the "e" really short... I think it's just supposed to be "beyond" since that's the word it's actually based on.

As for the game development team roles,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Video_game_development#Development_team
Beyond. Anything else is wrong and sounds stupid.

Coder = DM systems programmer (aka copypaster from ripped sources and libraries)

Coding = The act of copy/pasting from ripped sources and libraries.

Code in = wut?

To Code = The intention of copy/pasting from ripped sources and libraries.

Coded = RIP IS NOW COMPLETE WITH GM COMMANDS NOW TRANSFERRED TO MY KEY.

Iconner = Can draw a naked man.

To icon = The intention to draw naked men.
No I meant how to say the correct words. Like instead of asking an artist to icon what should I say? Others too.
TheDarkChakra wrote:
How do you pronounce BYOND beyond or baiond?
What is the correct way to say these these:

Other wrong terms?

beyond.
Coder = Coder
Coding = Coding
Code in - ...I'm done. Not only do you seem to be writing a topic about a dead topic that just died, but you seem to think code translates to program. In my opinion it's the exact same thing (A programmer is a coder). I see it as a personal choice what you want to call them (A coder writes code, and a programmer writes code).

A nice little search feature is on these forums that you could use to find this out, with the amount of topics there has been on this already, you can easily find the answers without putting any effort in to it at all. here
It is "Beyond" your imagination.

The correct terms are:

Coder = programmer
Coding = programming
To code = to program
Coded = programmed
Iconner = pixel artist
To icon = pixel art
In response to Ratzy
Ratzy wrote:
Iconner = pixel artist
To icon = pixel art

To Icon would actually be "To Draw".

And Iconner isn't a pixel artist, not every "iconner" makes his/her icons with pixel art. I don't care what anyone says, an iconner is closer to the word "Artist". Yeah people "should" be using pixel art to create their graphics, but since it doesn't happen all the time, I wouldn't say an iconner is a pixel artist.
In response to Balzack
Very good, sir. I commend you on deciphering the BYOND ways.
Other wrong terms?

None of these terms are necessarily wrong except for "iconner" and "to icon". You can go outside of BYOND and be understood when you say things like "coder" or "coding", but nobody will know what iconner is.

If you want to be a little more professional and/or understandable, use programmer instead of coder. Any self-respecting programmer will call him or herself a programmer. If you're just talking about the code itself, it's still code.

Now, we can get into things like "mapper" or "gfxer" if you want. Do not use those -- ever. You can lump iconner in with them as well. Something like "graphics artist", "pixel artist", or "map designer" would suffice.