Alchemist Classic

by Oasiscircle
Alchemist Classic
Combine elements and create chain reactions to thwart your foes!

There are the name-areas! You also click them to join the game! :)
Ah, wow. That looks nicer than I expected. Nice work. I like the join idea, too.

Hmm. The chat area may just have to be trial and error, but I'm sure you'll find a way. My mind is pretty stuck on pressing something like T to turn the player area into a chat box, and shift focus over to an 'input' below it, then have it return to the player area when T is pressed again. I think that's sort of like a collapseable one, but eh I'll leave it to you, haha.
I am honored to think that this whole thing started because of that one comment. Haha.

I think that I'm going to try to squeeze all of the chat functionality into the black space in the middle. :D It should be possible now that I made a lot more room for buttons and text. I'm excited!!! :D

@Klra: Of course, I'm glad you commented because I haven't had this much fun programming in a while! :) I'm just so excited to see the return of Alchemist to greater than its former glory! (hopefully!) :D
dis game sux dun play it
jk i might come back if you make domino good again ;_;
In response to Lexeous-kun
Strategies that used to work will still be viable I'm sure.
Especially in Expert Mode. :P
... i shall be awaiting this! It really seems quite interesting, and what you've already put out and have mentioned for your plans make this look very promising indeed.

With a game like this, i don't see any features that would have been planned getting cast aside because of any roadblocks/limitations, this obviously being because of the new features that are being introduced/updated in byond (which are sweeet! btw).

In fact, i'm hopeful that this'll turn out as a big success! wooo~! *no pressure* :D
In response to Turboskill
Yay! I'm so excited!! :D
Anything in particular you'd like to see? :)
In response to Oasiscircle
Excellent. I'm really enjoying seeing the progress you're making. I've also had an increase in motivation for one of my smaller projects after seeing all of this, so thank you for that. I don't have anything to show of my motivation just yet, but it's great to see how good a project like this can be.

It's normally all huge RPG's and such that look any good around here, so this is refreshing.
Woah, Lexeous-Kun? What the....

Look at that sexiness! Super happy how it looks!
Now I have to add in buttons to go to the different tabs (Who, highscores, chat, and probably options. :D)
What do you guys think? :)
The interface looks great :D.
I wonder how much the abilities will matter in a match o.o
In response to Klra
You'll have to wait and find out! :)
Even I'm not sure how much it'll effect the game, but you shouldn't worry that abilities will take over. I definitely want the game to feel like the Alchemist we all know and love. :)
Oasis, will this update be completed within a few weeks?
It would be perfect as my Christmas present. :)
In response to Flash Speed
That's the hope! :) I really want it to be done before Christmas, that would be perfect. :P
Here's an interesting idea I want to bounce off of some people. Suppose there was rank-decaying, such that the top 10,20,25 players lose one rank point per period (Don't know how long a period would be, probably more than a day.) If you score a high rank it will still be saved under your "Best" rank achieved forever, but your actual rank will decay.

Wondering what people think about this? This would always keep points available within the system and would allow for newer champions to have an edge over older champions when it comes to competitive rankings while still maintaining the legendary ranks.

Split ranking into a static "best rank achieved" and a decaying "current rank" and display both high-score boards in-game. Current "Champion" is determined by current rank.
Sounds good to me!
Sounds good to me :D
I'm all for that. It sounds like a good way to promote fair competition.

The interface is really coming along! :D I'm really pleased with how it looks so far!
Any suggestions on how to improve it? :)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5