Alchemist Classic

by Oasiscircle
Alchemist Classic
Combine elements and create chain reactions to thwart your foes!
The font seems a bit off for the rest of the interface.
Is it monospaced?
Oasis, in that [circle vs speed] thing, what happens if a player has a ridiculously long name?

Would it be separated into 2 rows? o.O
In response to Klra
I'm thinking he either has it set to limit to 12 characters, and if it exceeds that it adds something like - or ... to signify it goes on, or he has it so if the name exceeds like 10 or 12 characters then the font size is reduced.
In response to Flame Sage
It's not mono-spaced! I couldn't find a small mono-spaced font, I'd love if someone could point me in the right direction or give me a good font for the chat. I didn't want to use the full sized font because you wouldn't be able to send long messages without taking up the whole screen! :P
In response to Klra
Toddab503 is right, if the names were too long it wouldn't show the full name, instead it would cut off some of the name and replace it with ... :)

Got the basic mechanics working, now I just need to refine the timings down! :) So excited! :D
I've made the time in-between combos three times shorter, so it's a lot smoother now. :)
In response to Oasiscircle
Oasiscircle wrote:

The interface is really coming along! :D I'm really pleased with how it looks so far!
Any suggestions on how to improve it? :)

:O Why you make your game look so professional? That wasn't the plan dangit! :/

Heh. Really though, good job man. It's looking, well.. good! :D

By the way, i'm not exactly sure, but i guess i'm leaning toward thinking it could be better if you didn't make the 'combing'(?) effect -the wave kinda thing that traverses through the blocks upon deletion/fall- happen to all blocks on field, but instead only to those in the same row a block is removed from? and/or perhaps to the ones immediately adjacent to the deleted block in all directions.

Not that i've visualised it clearly in my head, meaning i'm not completely convinced it would look better... but maybe you could see how it looks? :o

Just figured I'd post this, I'm pretty proud of it! Custom scroll-bar that fits right in with the other elements of the screen! :)
Super excited, I'm working on the not-so-fun menu stuff right now but it's all going great! Expect a lot of updates as this week goes on! :)

Don't ask me why I'm still awake... I don't know, it's 3:00AM right now. Just had to get this done! :) And it looks so fantastic!
Hope you guys like it, leave your feedback here! :)
Time for bed... zzzz...

High score boards can now be viewed from both the Current Ranking view (Heroes) and the All-time Ranking view (Legends). It's looking so slick imo, I love it! What do you guys think? :)
Why is everyone Oasiscircle?
In response to Alitron123
Because the new scoreboard is blank, so I had to test what it'd look like to have 50 entries! :)
In response to Alitron123
Alitron123 wrote:
Why is everyone Oasiscircle?

Because it'd look horrid if those 50 names were Alitron123
In response to Klra
Frickin brutal, haha.

@Oasis: I think I'm going to need a new pair of eyes. It seems that custom scroll bar has caused my current pair to explode. Blind typing ftw!
In response to Toddab503
Thanks! :) I really appreciate it! :D
In response to Oasiscircle
Definitely loving it. Can't even believe this is made in BYOND. I am kind of wondering about what Turboskill said now, though. It's slightly difficult to follow whats causing what effect with all blocks reacting. I'm not any more certain than he is, but it might be better if it didn't hit the more distant blocks.
In response to Toddab503
Yeah I definitely agree! I'll see what I can do, I might change the effect up quite a bit until I find something that I completely like.

This is what the main screen looks like right now! Notice the mana bars have been added and the new mini-splash screen at the top that always shows "Alchemist" and is where you click to join.
Probably by tonight I'll have a screenshot of what the battle-preparation screen is going to look like. The battle prep screen is the screen where you choose which abilities you want to use and you can see who your opponent is.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5