ID:1434983

So I was reading the blue book and noticed it is very good study. But for some reason when I was a beginner I still didn't get it. Now I get it more. I just wish there was something that made the blue book better for fresh beginners. This one confused me.
TheDarkChakra wrote:
I just wish there was something that made the blue book better for fresh beginners.

Creating an updated version might help, instead of reading docs from what .. 2003?
TheDarkChakra wrote:
So I was reading the blue book and noticed it is very good study. But for some reason when I was a beginner I still didn't get it. Now I get it more. I just wish there was something that made the blue book better for fresh beginners. This one confused me.

You're not alone in that. When I first joined BYOND, I bought the Blue Book and diligently read it.

The only problem was at that point, I had zero programming experience, and I found the book to be written just beyond my level at the time (ha!). A lot of it only makes any sense if you already have a passing level of foundational knowledge.

I've said for years that the site needs a resource that is truly written for an absolute beginner. I've even made a few aborted attempts to write one myself, but never gotten anywhere.
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
Glad I'm not the only one who felt like that.
We just need a good wiki to put all this needed information on.