Misuterii High

by MetaFrosty
Misuterii High
Who will remain when the clock hits 6AM?
Probably about a month ago or so, I joined Metafrosty's server, suddenly, two minihosts named He_Without_Sorrow and Zantus spammed boot and bans, the ban didn't work for some reason, it just acted as a boot. At first I thought they were joking until I asked them to stop and asked them why were they doing this, But they kept going, without answering me at all. After like 15 minutes the round ends, so I decide to join the one that's about to begin, but they boot me from joining somehow. I ask what did I do wrong, after a few people said I kept ban avoiding (Which I didn't do.), I get muted 'til this very day.

But really, all I want to know is: What did I do wrong?
Without getting into the nitty gritty, so people don't abuse the... issue.... If they tried to ban you and it only acted as a boot, you were using a certain glitch without knowing/meaning to, which allows ban avoidance. While I don't know what you did WRONG, I can confirm that is likely why they did that.
To clarify slightly, the issue in question was actually that the shell was, at the time, not actually saving any bans properly. This means that, while you appeared on the ban list to the minihosts, you could still log in just fine. Because it took so long to realize the actual issue, and because everyone assumed that something else was causing it for some reason, it appeared as though you were exploiting a glitch to ban evade.
Ah, I see. That didn't answer my question but atleast you explained the ban problem. Thanks.
*Still waiting for an answer*
If you haven't already, stay away from this game.

Management is way too focused on the front-end of the game. I have my suspicions about their coding abilities as well. I don't see this every becoming anything more than a Mitadake High clone, nor do I see it surviving for too much longer.

I have also seen abuse come from one minihost in particular, but I'm sure that's not worth mentioning, as those incidents tend to get covered up on small communities like this.
As I said before, please report it if you find an actual issue with the game, so that it can be fixed. And no, a slightly increased chance of spam is not an issue that requires more than a mute or ban for those who abuse it. When you call something a security issue, it is generally more polite to report what makes it a security issue than to abuse it to spam. Spam itself is a moderation issue, not a security issue.

If you are confused as to where to report such an issue, the best method is probably either the forums (linked under [Website]) or the helpdesk (linked on the forums). Sending an in-game report is acceptable too, so that the minihosts know to look for abuses of said issue.

If you have seen abusive behavior out of any of a server's minihosts, it is is up to you to report said behavior to the owner of said server. Mentioning it in the comments section is probably the second- or third-least effective way to solve the problem.
And as I've said. Flawed reasoning, all over the place.

Your job is to prevent something from happening, not let it happen, and then stop one person from doing it in the future.

Cops search out the ones SELLING the drugs, not the ones abusing it.

Just as a developer should search for the problem and fix it, not the ones abusing it.

html and css are allowed by default on byond, http://www.byond.com/docs/guide/app3.html so your argument that it's not common knowledge is absolutely reckless and ignorant.

Some games can get away with it, but a game that relies heavily on chat, cannot, especially when link spoofing exists.

For those that aren't aware, here are a large list of things that are possible in this game, that greatly disturb the flow of the game due to its nature:

(all code pasted directly into chat)
[Edit: Point taken, examples noted down and removed]
There are a few others, I encourage you to experiment, but nothing will get done about it.

Note to players: None of these will ever get fixed, despite technically being bugs. The hosts do not care about prevention. They are not actual coders. #1 should be enough to get it changed by itself, considering the vulnerability it presents.
In response to Itomi Ziryu
Itomi Ziryu wrote:
And as I've said. Flawed reasoning, all over the place.

Your job is to prevent something from happening, not let it happen, and then stop one person from doing it in the future.

Cops search out the ones SELLING the drugs, not the ones abusing it.

Just as a developer should search for the problem and fix it, not the ones abusing it.

For those that aren't aware, here are a large list of things that are possible in this game, that greatly disturb the flow of the game due to its nature:

There are a few others, I encourage you to experiment, but nothing will get done about it.

Note to players: None of these will ever get fixed, despite technically being bugs. The hosts do not care about prevention. They are not actual coders. #1 should be enough to get it changed by itself, considering the vulnerability it presents.

I've quoted the bits that are relevant to my reply, and cut parts that either weren't, or were giving step-by-step instructions for how to abuse. I listed a number of places to report exactly how to report a way to abuse an issue you find. This was not one of them.

Next time, kindly send a report with this information, as I told you to do a number of times yesterday. For future reference, when speaking to developers about issues with their game, it is generally a bad idea to refuse to report the bits that they might actually consider to be issues.

Also, I find a problem with your metaphor. Cops don't only search out the ones selling the drugs (the ones giving out the exploits), they also lock up the people who use them (the people who abuse the exploits). There is nothing they can do about the requisite chemical compounds for the drugs existing in the first place, particularly since there are valid uses for said compounds.

While this does not work particularly well for your argument, it does for mine. Just because the resources are available does not mean that everyone ever knows how to abuse them, or even where to find the resources to begin with.

That being said, thank you for bringing these issues to light. While I still find that a number of them should be dealt with by dealing with the person abusing them, a number of them are worth looking into. Please let us know through the channels I've listed if there is anything further that you think should come to our attention.
Funny, I thought the cop's job was to shoot unarmed civilians.

uh oh
I just wanna point out to anyone coming here from Mitadake High, or elsewhere, because this isn't clearly enough stated in the rules(rule number 1. only says it off-handedly):

You can kill anyone for any reason whatsoever, even if you are not the killer, even if you are not a role, even if it is within the first minute of the game

It does not matter. As long as you RP it(a simple "I hate your shoes I want to kill you now", will do) IT IS VALID.

Make sure you know this when you're playing, or it will happen to you and spend time arguing with the mods about this foolish rule. I now refer to this game as the "RK Mitadake High", and Mitadake High had enough RK as it was.
Why'd you switch to an alt to complain about that, Itomi?

Really, it seems kind of silly. Also, that's only the rules on one server. Kind of dumb to complain about that.

That's not even getting into the fact that nobody cares what your opinion of the game is. Someone who has played for two days suddenly acting like they have divine providence in their amazing insights is laughable.
In response to Tanasinn
Not sure what you're referring to, mate.

Just had a long watcher chat with a mod.

http://i.imgur.com/pmO23Aa.png

The corruption in this game is sickening! I wouldn't let me children near it. Also in the rules it literally states that RKing is allowed.

that is hilarious.
You're right! We should boycott this horrible game, and not play it.
In response to Tanasinn
Hey!! Let's...
This is not the place to air complaints about a specific server's rule set, minihosts, your interpretation of said rule set, a minihost's interpretation of said rule set, or your interpretation of their interpretation of said rule set. If you have a problem with any of the above, please feel free to contact the host of the server in question. If this does not solve your problem you are, as always, free to open a server of your own.
I also have very strong suspicions that one of the mods is a multikeyer.

There seems to be a lot of corruption going on in this game.

Oh well! I'm way too tired to figure it out now. Or ever, in that matter.

1 person vs a horde of angry teenage angst usually doesn't go very well :P
In response to AquanMagis
No man, you're right.

It's only the place to say how much you -love- a specific server or it's ruleset, minihosts, etc, correct?

Complaints are strictly not allowed here in Misuterii High!

Especially not complaints that the public can see, that'd be much too troublesome for us!!
The day someone actually comes into the comments section to compliment someone is the day the Earth stops spinning around the sun, so I didn't think it was necessary to mention.

This said, server-specific matters should not be placed in a section meant to feature general game commentary.
In response to Epic Fail Guy 5 get
Epic Fail Guy 5 get wrote:
You can kill anyone for any reason whatsoever, even if you are not the killer, even if you are not a role, even if it is within the first minute of the game
It does not matter. As long as you RP it(a simple "I hate your shoes I want to kill you now", will do) IT IS VALID.

Please don't twist things around to spin a false narrative. The requirement is that you're properly roleplaying. Your example player would probably end up in trouble if they tried that.
To clarify the discussion you had with the minihosts on my server though, the motive is less important than actually roleplaying. If you perform an extravagant RP involving your character's psychological issues with shoes, which eventually builds up to snapping, then you could probably justify that as a motive.

The rules exist as they do to try and avoid situations where someone has a valid reason to kill, but the victim complains that their attacker is breaking the rules. When this happens too regularly, you start to see many rounds in which nobody dies, which removes conflict from the game, which is supposed to drive the roleplay.
They are not an excuse to grief and ruin things for other players and anyone taking advantage of them will be in just as much trouble as anyone else.

For that matter, this is just my server and would not apply on a single server besides my own. Somebody could make a rule on their own server that required only the killer to be allowed to even hold a weapon, if they so liked.
In response to MetaFrosty
First of all, let's not kid ourselves into thinking this game is big enough for multiple servers. The other server, at max, gets 3 people.

Second, what you are saying and what the mods were saying are two completely different things, and it's funny, because I'm sure they're the ones spinning the story here.

Yesterday, it was perfectly valid to kill someone who spilled ketchup WITHOUT clarifying that your player was insane.

All you had to do was show that you:
A) got pissed off that they spilled ketchup in RP
B) make sure you said 'IM A NANaya'

Hell, the attack emote was optional. One line of RP to kill someone, killer or not. Ridiculous.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14