ID:1436331

(See the best response by Kaiochao.)
Yes, 'tis I, that one guy. I have been trying to view various icons like auras and such that I've created for my project but I can't really get a good view of it because the world is so zoomed out. I know you can increase or decrease the view to determine how far the player can see or whatever, but I was wondering what I would need to do to zoom in on the player while keeping whatever view you have set. Would help a lot.

You can adjust the map control's zoom parameter.
In response to Kaiochao
Alright, great, but how?
In response to Ozioso
Most interface manipulation uses the winset() proc.

For more info, check the references. The DM Reference and Skin Reference can be found in Dream Maker>Help.
In response to Kaiochao
Alright, thanks.
In response to Kaiochao
Yeah I have no idea what I'm doing.
I tried this:
.winset"map.zoom=2"

got this "error: winset"map.zoom=1": value not allowed here"
I tried
client.winset"map.zoom=2"

It compiled with no errors or warnings but didn't change anything. I tried just "zoom=2" for some reason and that was just an undefined variable. What am I not getting?
In response to Ozioso
Best response
It's pretty clear that you're not a programmer. If you're interested in actually learning how to use DM, you should look at the guide, because jumping into the middle of everything without knowing the basics (what a proc is, how to call one) is probably not the best place to start.

If you're not actually interested in programming, I might as well give you something that will just work.
mob/Login()
..()
winset(src, "map", "zoom=2")
In response to Kaiochao
Uh, I know what a proc is and how to call one... Mostly. And I do want to learn how to code, and I did... Skim through the guide... But I don't feel like doing all that reading at all. Besides, I don't exactly ask for a step-by-step... Most the time, and there are so many things I have figured out th- Whatever. Anyway, thanks again, guy.
In response to Kaiochao
That's amazing... I had no idea there was a zoom parameter.. How is it I'm learning stuff here O.o?

P.S. Ozioso, I don't think he meant his statement to be offensive, but in the Help On section and even the Skin Reference section (more so help-on I suppose) it is very clear how winset() should be called.

Now, I'm not doubting your abilities at all, but the DM guide does help to speed the process of learning the language along very nicely. Although for a situation like this one the Help On section of the Dream Maker would probably come in more handy.
In response to Ozioso
Ozioso wrote:
Uh, I know what a proc is and how to call one... Mostly.

Mostly? As a beginner you should learn exactly what a proc is, and entirely how to call one, and that should take you just a few minutes. A proc is called using the proc name followed by parenthesis. The parenthesis contain arguments...sometimes you don't even need arguments at all (or you want the default values to be used), in which case the parenthesis can be left empty. But it always has parenthesis.

Now, I always remind people, just press F1. If you don't press F1 a million times per day, you are doing it wrong. You don't even have to "read through" anything. Just click so that the typing cursor is on the word "winset" and press F1. This is what you get:

Format:
winset(player, control_id, params)

Args:
player: A mob or client.
control_id: The unique ID of a control in the player's skin.
params: A list of parameters to set, in the format returned by list2params().
Sets parameters for a player's skin. The parameter list can be created by making a list and using list2params(), or it can be done manually by just using a string like "is-visible=true;text-color=#f00".

There you have a detailed explanation of the exact way to call the proc, and what each argument is. There is also some more information (which I didn't copy here) on more advanced uses of winset(), but you don't need to be concerned about that. Now, it could very well be confusing to a beginner, but at the very least reading that should get you past the point of writing something like...

client.winset"map.zoom=2"

...which is clearly not in the format specified in the reference. People here are helping you on a volunteer basis - they will be a lot more willing if you do your homework!