Wargames

by Acebloke
Wargames
[AMT] Join the war or build a city
ID:1438615

This is an official update to say that the next download version: and first official 2.0 download will be released on the 3rd of January 2014. This gives me a few more weeks to finish up on some things and add a few more. I'll also be hosting afterwards what I hope will be a stable 2 week game.

For those that like the old version, I will still make it available to download on the hub page, but please remember I won't be updating this version anymore* However the 2.0 version is better in virtually every way.

For those that still don't know about the 2.0 version, the updates include:

- Improved graphics, with a new palette and 40x40 icons.
- New combat system with graphics and new stats like range and speed.
- New resource: Coal and upgraded Uranium system
- Interface improvements, including a window for building which can dock back into the main window and can be resized at will.
- Upgradable units to avoid swarms of buttons to buy redundant units you'll never use.
- Eras replaced with a passive-progressive Year system, ensuring even the most idle people will tech up over time, and speeded up by researching.
- A clean explanation of all start up options and better help in-game.

Some of the newer updates include:

- More useful ports, providing twice as much food and another double when spare sea tiles are around.
- Battles now in its own window.
- BYOND 4.0 interfaces replacing HUD ministries.
- Many commands or research switching over to these new ministries.

I'm hoping to get some more stuff done before I host in January including:

- WW2 era tanks and a WW1 Infantry unit.
- Some more progress to starting sea based combat.
- Finishing or close to finishing the previous checklist.
- Further trade improvements.
- Spy not just on enemy maps but their ministries as well.

I'll keep any other changes updated in this topic.

* I can be coaxed into it by offering even a small amount of money, though for specific update requests.