ID:1439191

Redundant
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
I would like to have the ability to send pager to many player at the same time. It would be great if we re-implanted that ability like in the old page. OR perhaps people be allowed to use the old pager. I do not like the new, personally. It's way too complicated for no reason(*cough*XBOX ONE*cough*). Let's not get Off-topic but I hope you guys(whoever is owner of BYOND) think about it.
Isn't this basically what the Feed is for? It's practically what mass pages seem to do, as I recall.
Mass paging only promoted the ability for people to advertise/spam people about a game.
People don't like that, so I don't think mass-pages should come back.
You can post an update to your fans and hub fans via Post Update which should be located in the feed tab ( haven't used it in awhile ). It's practically mass-paging to those interested in your game or interested in what you post, and it saves the majority of us the time to block the paging user for spam.
Thank you Lige by the way: I know this is Off-topic but can anyone, Admins of BYOND, help me with this issue I have with this new pager. (I said it, I hate it - Talking about the pager) I keep having issue that denies me to play.

My Post: BYOND is Unreachable
It has been seen. The post that is. I've talked with about 10 people who've had the same problem. One of them claimed to have solved the problem.. But hasn't told me how.

As for this feature request, there was something like this before. However, it doesn't work any more.

Send_Page(T as text)
set category = "Pager"
var/recipients
var/count = 0
for(var/mob/M in pagerList)
recipients=recipients + "[M],"
count++
if(T)
src << "Sending.."
client.SendPage("[T]","[recipients]","summon=1")
sleep(10)
src << "Paged [copytext(recipients,1,length(recipients))]: [T]"
src << "<b><small>[count] recipients.</b></small>"
return

I kind of felt sad that it couldn't work. I was planning on using it to send out notifications to people who are close to losing their privileges from being absent for so long. But, I found out that it didn't work AFTER i created all the codes to support it.

Even if I had to host something, somehow, I would so this could work. And even if it took 1 minute to send each page, that'd be fine. Or if they were in a queue that sent out the requested messaged every 2 seconds.. something. Lol. But, I don't see it happening.

For more information on why it won't happen: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1333229 - Research a bit about what you want to have requested as a feature before you request it. 9/10, someone else already requested it. Unless, you think it's time to try again and see if it will be implemented this time around.
Nadrew resolved issue (Redundant)
Oo.. Side Idea... what about making a little "subscription" for receiving messages. Without having anything to do with BYOND's servers, these messages could be sent through DreamDaemon to the pager itself. By subscribing to the messages, the pager automatically connects upon startup the DreamDaemon server and listens for messages sent to their key. If there is no user to receive it, it caches it and waits for them to be able to accept it. And like all things, it can be limited from spam by denying too many requests before they're all sent. Bla bla blaa bla bla bla... And yeah. Doubt it'd be added though lol.

Edit: Sorry. I posted after you resolved it.
Despite this feature request being closed, this is not the proper place to discuss issues you're having with the software. Please use BYOND Help if you're experiencing problems.
I have and I was disappointed no one helped. I hoped you could help me.