ID:144271

Problem description:

Uh I dont know why but when I ran my game after making a few map changes it opens dream seeker and then says Byond Error: bad world...it was working fine before I made the map change and it wasnt anything serious...so i dont see what went wrong. Even if it was the map which i doubt I cannot undo it, because its a lot of little things...i tried reinstalling byond also...but that didnt work.

..idk thats real odd...but i have seen this problem before with other people, and i had it myself once..but idk how I fixed it, but it was just with that source..so its something you did or someone else who helped you make the source did.
Also correct me if im wrong but it could be that you compiled with differnt byond versions..that might mess things up.
Try deleting the rsc files and re-compiling. If that doesn't work then make sure that the path to the dmb has the rsc files and is the correct path
In response to DemonicK
It does that to me occasionally. I was kinda wondering too. But it usually only happens when I am hosting it and try compiling. Oh well, I just close and try again, and it usually works.
In response to DragonOfDoom
I tried deleting all those files and recompiling..still didnt work..and idk what to do now..rsc and dmb files have same name so its correct path...but i dont know what to do know..
In response to SS10trunks
Try not including the map. Does that work?
This happens when you run over the limits the program can compile, if you have too many objects, or mobs on your map it will cause this error. Try changing any objects that could be turfs into turfs (things like walls, water, and things of that nature).
In response to Nadrew
Wouldnt they have to be removed before I changed them into turfs?
In response to SS10trunks
No. When you change their path, the next time you load the map (which would be directly after you change the paths) it will ask what, if any, is the new path for each object on your map (and it will change every single one of that to what you specify). For example, you have 1,000 obj/tree. When you change that to turf/tree and load the map again, it will give you a window, before showing you the map something like this:

Message about this problem (blah blah blah)
Old path |New Path
/obj/tree |you will input /turf/tree here

This will allow you to not have to replace every single tree, or grass, or whatever it is that you have ever, saving a lot of time.

Good luck.

~Polantaris