ID:1449315

(See the best response by Writing A New One.)
Hi, I'm currently in need of a quality shell server that can at least hold up to those expectations.

- Can host an unlimited amount of game
- Is fast, reliable and lag-free*
- Easily manageable
- Can host BYOND .EXE and .RSC Files

We just need something fast and good!

*#1 Priority!
Anyone?
I don't think advertising is legal on BYOND, so I'll just send you a message.
What's wrong with BYONDPanel at all?

It is reliable, lag-free, A.T.H.K offers a really good support, it is as easy to manage as breathing, you may host unlimited games, also offers MySQL databases, CGI, and web hosting.

And, the best thing is it is really cheap.
First of, I've never stated the word BYONDPanel in this post. So I don't see what are you talking about.

Second of, I have visited the website but due to this: https://byondpanel.com/index.php/blog/christmas-new-year

I was not interested on it.

Also, Eternal Memories found me a better one, no offence to A.T.H.K., and cheaper.
Best response
https://www.nfoservers.com This provider has performed the best for my game in particular, over the course of a year. The network has been fantastic and any lag has been due to the game's CPU usage.

As for the specs: 3.47Ghz / 1GB ram for $10 a month, as a single-core, which is probably the best you'll find, even if you're willing to pay extra. You don't want anything past a single core because BYOND can only use one. Also, it's instantly set up and you get a free 2 day trial--so you lose nothing if you're not content.

BYONDPanel are good if you don't want to invest a little time learning to use PuTTy. In my experience, though, you're going to want direct access because if your server goes down, you'll have to wait for ATHK to boot it back up. Eternia was down for over 24 hours at one point because of this, along with a handful of other crashes where we had to wait on ATHK.
Thanks Fushimi!

Tashiko you'll find a lot of smaller company's don't offer all that much support on public holidays.. Especially in Australia, it doesn't mean I won't be around at all.

WritingANewOne - probably would of gotten a response if you actually used our support system, instead of sending me a page on here or on Skype which I don't frequent all that much. Just a note WANO was on our old servers which we have gotten rid of, the performance and quality is ten fold.

Anyway have a great holiday and a happy new year!
ATHK, what all does a subscription to BYONDPanel entail? I was under the impression that you had direct control over your game's hosting, which it seems from context that this isn't the case. If I bought hosting, would I have to contact you every time I wanted a game live?
You have control in the sense that the interface provides the commands required (uploading, hosting, shutting down, etc). You don't have direct access to the shell itself, though, so you can't update BYOND or boot the server up if it goes down for whatever reason.
In response to Writing A New One
Writing A New One wrote:
You have control in the sense that the interface provides the commands required (uploading, hosting, shutting down, etc).

Correct.

You don't have direct access to the shell itself, though,

This is a managed service, this is for users that don't have any knowledge of Linux.. it's a simple one click all in one website..

so you can't update BYOND

I'm working on this actually have a POC up.

or boot the server up if it goes down for whatever reason.

Actually you can now, again you were on our old servers.

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been visiting BYOND.com all that much lately..
I'm currently in the hunt for good components to start off hosting servers with, been looking at 10+ other sellers and so far I appear to be the cheapest with my (Not yet certain) price. But when I'm done, I'll be selling good VPS's for a very cheap price.

My goal is to beat most of the more robust providers in performance... Well, as far as that even goes.

But I won't finish the component search for another 3 months or so, since funding is turning to be a problem when you have multiple things going at once.