ID:1450453

(See the best response by Fugsnarf.)
Hello! I wondered if DM detects any difference between:

var/tmp/Round/Time

and
var/Round/tmp/Time

I didn't get any error with any of them, but I think the correct one is the 1st one.

Thank you!
Best response
There are a lot of things that compile without errors that aren't necessarily correct. SSX has a lot of info on that. In this case it's both of them, but the syntax for var/tmp is correct in the first one as you assumed.

On another note, if that's a viable method of making variables, I've been unaware. I would make a single variable and call it round_time or rtime or something.

var/tmp/rtime
You're right in assuming that it's not a viable method, Fug. If you tried using the "variable" Time, it would throw an unrecognized variable error at you. Not to be nit picky about code, that is.
It didn't make any sense to me, and I've never seen it done, but I've been surprised by weirder things. I like to give things the benefit of the doubt first.
I don't know why we even need var/tmp/ and var/const/ with var/ even in the declaration. It should simply be tmp/ and const/.
In response to Makeii
Makeii wrote:
I don't know why we even need var/tmp/ and var/const/ with var/ even in the declaration. It should simply be tmp/ and const/.

Specificity.

In just about every other language, you have have const/static functions as well as member variables. var is a marker, and tmp/const are modifiers.