ID:1452007

Hi, I'm a gfxer here in BYOND that works for some games.. I have been having a lil trouble with doing gfxs such as Character Making gfxs because of the coordenates I put the Boxes in. When I put the boxes, I never think about BYOND itself, but when it goes to the map, the icons don't match with the boxes.. Is there any ruler tip or tutorial i can take to have the same coords as BYOND in any way? If I'm not clear.. Just say it.
I have no idea what you're talking about.
I'm going to assume he is talking about how to handle overlays. :S Like, the sizes of the character might be a bit bigger than the declared tile size. Just shift one of the pixel_x, pixel_y, pixel_z, maybe? Go to a smaller size graphic?
Sounds like he's making "gfxs" that aren't a multiple of 32 and now he wants to know how to fit them properly into the screen.
In response to Mask of Illusion
Mask of Illusion wrote:
Sounds like he's making "gfxs" that aren't a multiple of 32 and now he wants to know how to fit them properly into the screen.

Yes.. exactly that.
Then, yes, you need to shift the pixel_x pixel_y, and pixel_z variable of the atom. :s
In response to Candle_Jack_9000
Candle_Jack_9000 wrote:
Then, yes, you need to shift the pixel_x pixel_y, and pixel_z variable of the atom. :s

what? lol can u be clearer?
You will have to program something. Make a line of code. :|
In the code for whatever it is you will have to shift it by whatever amount you need to. The variables you will have to shift are pixel_x, pixel_y, and pixel_z.
In response to Candle_Jack_9000
Candle_Jack_9000 wrote:
You will have to program something. Make a line of code. :|
In the code for whatever it is you will have to shift it by whatever amount you need to. The variables you will have to shift are pixel_x, pixel_y, and pixel_z.

so there's really nothing i can do with Photoshop to have some line adjustments to only have all the measurements clear?
Make the size of it a multiple of 32, 640x640px for example.

That way it will fit the entire tile, if you're making it for a certain game you can collaborate with the game's programmer to find out what size they'd prefer. (:
In response to Mask of Illusion
Did you mean multiple of 32? And 690 isn't even multiple of 34.
Sorry, typing on my iPhone! D:
Oh ok I get what you're saying. Ill try that and let you know if it works. Thanks.
http://puu.sh/6crtc.jpg HERE'S A EXAMPLE OF WAT HAPPENS TO ME
any help on how to fix it without having to rework the picture?
Move the boxes out of sync over by 16 pixels each?
Basically, If you go to (assuming you're using photoshop) Edit > Preferences > Guides, Grid & Slices. Where it says Grid, Change the Gridline to 32 and the dropdown next to it "pixels". And if changed, change the sub division to "1". Then just press "Ctrl+' " and it will come up with 32x32 grids all over your image easy for you to align things.