ID:1455482

(See the best response by Albro1.)
Code:

Problem description:
I just wasted an hour of my life trying to put 2 new icon states into a dmi file. The file is always set on read only when I open it, even though I never set it ro read only. YES, I am SURE I never set it to read only. I uncheck read only, and save it, but when I open it again, none of the changes saved, even though I was prompted to save the file, and selected to save it. I copied all the icon states from that file into another file, then put in the 2 new states. All the states saved, with the exception of the 2 new states, IN A NEW FILE I JUST CREATED. The files were never set to read only for the operating system, only in Dream Maker, and they set themselves, sorry, I can't get over that they set themselves to read only. This is really depressing, my days of making icons are over if I can't put in any new icons to a dmi file. Help please?

This got even more complicated. I created a new dmi file and pasted a bunch of dandom icon states into it. The file shows up as being bigger than another file in the folder, almost twice as big. I have no idea how this is happening, but both files have identical contents. Is this likely caused by a failing HD, or a BYOND software problem?
Best response
How big are the icons?
32x32 pixel icons. Wait a minute, I feel kind of silly now. Pixel. lol. You meant how big is the filesize didnt you. 44.4kb, and 89.0 kb and the original 44.4kb file had over 500 icon states. This cant be good, either my HD is failing, or all my BYOND files are corrupted. Things went down the tubes for me right after christmas last year too, how ironic.