ID:1455579

Hi im in 8th grade.
I have to make a book due ti my school making me enter a contest lol...
ik what to write about but the problem is idk where to buy materials lol
can u help? ^^
lol if u say its a personal prob then why u think im asking in this section? lol
'Could you at least write properly. Especially if it's an essay-related issue.

Why would you need materials? If you can write on this website, you can write on Microsoft Word(a program). Just do it VIA a computer!
Lol its a book and it has to have actual pages and sown o.o and gotta look copywrited... just dont know where to get the cover thing i can do the rest lol its onlynlike 15 pages picture book
You could just print the pages out? What is "copywrited" ?

You can make your own cover with editing tools. Even paint!

Lol
You're not even serious about it... why bother posting with no answer?
Dont covers need to be hard? like cardboard? or does it not matter?
Why would it have to be a hardcover book? It does not matter. I've been in the book industry for over 2 years. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

An example that would suit you is anime - The manga are normally NEVER in hardcover! Only in certain cases(LE, etc.)
The question still remains: Why waste money on something you were forced to do?! If she tells you it's a hardcover your two options are the following:
  • I'm a poor boy who lives in the corner of your street ma'am
  • Why would I waste money on something I was forced to do?
lMAO
ur smart but i can do that to a teacher? Anyways tyvm for the advice xD
Stop taking 8th grade so seriously.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:

I didn't take 8th grade seriously at all, as far as I remember. I went there and first and second semester were total bull-crap. My teacher said I need it tutoring. Never went there, they cost too much money for nothing. I came in like a boss with my last semester report card. Having an average of 90.837532% (Just checked, I have all my old report cards).
Lol thats exact i came with 91 first
im too serious xD
I took Algebra 1 in 8th grade, I think that's about as serious as I got. That was back when I was the little nerdy kid with no friends. Didn't really man up until high school. lol
Lol
Girls in 8th grade was a joke. You know X person for over 2 years and you realized you have a crush on him/her and the next weeks you'll like someone else.

You would always try to get attention by just saying you like and people would ask you as if the answer could change the course of their life *ahem*Dead Poets' Society*ahem*
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:

Referring to this comment:
Don't take school seriously until it has the potentiality to screw over your future. Thus, this means until it effects your GPA which will be looked at by college, don't care at all.

In middle school it can still affect your GPA. There are middle school classes on a high school level. They offer Spanish and some literature classes in there. This is just to get some of the "smart" kids a head start for High School so they can have a high GPA in High School.

So, if your class has nothing to do with High School credits.. psh.. don't care about it dude. Just C ("see", there's a joke there) your way out of there. For classes that are advanced and apply to your High School transcript even when in Middle School, strive for a friggin' A+! Or even extra credit dude! Get over a 100% and when you get in college you'll be riding smoothly. No worries about money or anything. (might want to talk to a guidance counselor about which classes these are. They're not the people you want to call lame and just plain don't want to talk to. Because if you don't know them.. you're missing out. ;) ) Trust me.

----

As for making a book, get white construction paper paper. You can find this at your supermarket. Just buy a pack of construction paper and take out the white ones. Put two together and AFTER you have all your pages printed or written on, put it around these papers and fold it This way you don't fold it weird.

For the pages inside, if you're printing on it, get it formatted in word for a book. So that way there's text on the left and text on the right and it prints horizontally.

Simplified version:
Cover paper - Go to the nearest supermarket and buy a pack of construction paper. Remove two white construction papers from the stack. (*Be sure to check to see if you can spot 2 white construction paper in the pack before you buy it. They are rare to find sometimes.)

Printed/Written on paper - Just get regular printer paper and you have two options:

A) If you are printing on it, format it on Microsoft Word so that it separates the page in two for book formats and prints it horizontally.

B) If you are writing on it, just make sure you give yourself enough space so if you fold it that it would be cut off. Or, you can simply just fold it first and then write in it while it is folded.

P.S. When you fold it, you might want to staple it.

If you don't read anything I wrote, sucks. ._. I gave you all the information you need. From hereon, all you need to do is Google how to format Microsoft for books and such.
In response to Tashiko
Tashiko wrote:
Girls in 8th grade was a joke. You know X person for over 2 years and you realized you have a crush on him/her and the next weeks you'll like someone else.

You would always try to get attention by just saying you like and people would ask you as if the answer could change the course of their life *ahem*Dead Poets' Society*ahem*

Girls are friggin' annoying regardless in middle school. My first relationship in middle school lasted 4 days.. Pretty much because the girl (girl #1) I went out with was hated by another girl (girl #2) and in turn.. girl #2 devised a plan to make it seem like I was cheating. As I was putting away my folder, girl #2 comes over to me and rubs up on my arm. Then a random girl sees it and says, "Ooo, I'm telling girl #1!" So, we broke up. Lmfao.

Girls pretty much always have an issue with another girl. They're savages.
As a devoted husband to physics, I will add:

Women be trippin.
Staples. You will find everything you need there.
Page: 1 2