ID:145696

Code:Hub ID
world
hub = "PrayciousAnjel.JaydiasRealmIEx2"
name = "Jaydia's Realm IEx2"

Problem description:
My game refuses to show up on the hud. I'm figuring it can't be a problem with Byond, since everyone else is creating new games thats showing up.

I put my Hud ID in the code file. Did I put it in the right area? What am I doing wrong?

I have searched and searched and searched thru the library, reading the codes of other similar games, tweaking things here and there, but nothing works. *sighs* I just don't know what else to do.
Help :(
You arent editing a 'Byond Link' file are you?

If so you have to take all the icons and codes out of that, you can do this by right clicking in one of the icon files and going to import, then just copy and paste everything (codes too) into a new folder on your desktop. Run the game and it will now show up on the hub.

If not then Im not entirely sure whats wrong.

.::Jester::.
Is your pager on? At least one person with an active pager must be logged into a game before it will show up on the hub.
In response to Jester619
By "Byond Link" file, are you referring to the files whose file extension is 'lk'. If so, then nah, I'm not editing that. Isn't even possible. I'd get an error message if I clicked on a 'lk' file.
I'm editing the dmi file.

Jester619 wrote:
You arent editing a 'Byond Link' file are you?

If so you have to take all the icons and codes out of that, you can do this by right clicking in one of the icon files and going to import, then just copy and paste everything (codes too) into a new folder on your desktop. Run the game and it will now show up on the hub.

If not then Im not entirely sure whats wrong.

.::Jester::.
In response to Crispy
My pager is always on.

Crispy wrote:
Is your pager on? At least one person with an active pager must be logged into a game before it will show up on the hub.
In response to PrayciousAnjel
Do you have "require authentication for live games" checked off and a hub password set in your hub?

If you do, do you have the hub password in the code?

If you don't, this is how it is:
world/hub_password = "[whatever the hub pass is... without the brackets]"

PS: I don't know if you may or may not know this but I am saying this for incase measures, if I insulted you by any means, I am truely sorry

- GhostAnime
In response to PrayciousAnjel
PrayciousAnjel wrote:
By "Byond Link" file, are you referring to the files whose file extension is 'lk'. If so, then nah, I'm not editing that. Isn't even possible. I'd get an error message if I clicked on a 'lk' file.
I'm editing the dmi file.

He meant DMS files. It was a pretty silly question of his though, given the circumstances.
Just as a note, HUD stands for Heads-Up Display which is basically your screen. Hub is what you're thinking of.
I'm hosting your game and it shows on the hub.
Want me to have a look ? If you catch me on sometime later today I can have ago hosting or something.
In response to Acebloke
As I've said, it works fine.
In response to Artemio
Lol, whoops, sorry.