Code:
mob
Manz
icon='wtf.dmi'
icon_state = ""
density = 1
Bump()
usr << "HEY MANZ WATCH IT"

None of my Bump(),Enter(),Entered()...etc have been working ever since I upgraded to 3.5 Beta 2. And it quite frankily is pissing me off because im 99.999999% sure that isnt coded wrong.
Cheetoz wrote:
Code:
mob
> Manz
> icon='wtf.dmi'
> icon_state = ""
> density = 1
> Bump()
> usr << "HEY MANZ WATCH IT"
>

None of my Bump(),Enter(),Entered()...etc have been working ever since I upgraded to 3.5 Beta 2. And it quite frankily is pissing me off because im 99.999999% sure that isnt coded wrong.

Shouldn't this be in Bug Reports?
In response to Sinoflife
Sinoflife wrote:
Cheetoz wrote:
Code:
mob
> > Manz
> > icon='wtf.dmi'
> > icon_state = ""
> > density = 1
> > Bump()
> > usr << "HEY MANZ WATCH IT"
> >

No. he is having "Code Problems", hence posting in here. He isn't THAT sure if it is a bug.
In response to Branks
Branks wrote:
Sinoflife wrote:
Cheetoz wrote:
Code:
mob
> > > Manz
> > > icon='wtf.dmi'
> > > icon_state = ""
> > > density = 1
> > > Bump()
> > > usr << "HEY MANZ WATCH IT"
> > >

No. he is having "Code Problems", hence posting in here. He isn't THAT sure if it is a bug.

In Bug Reports, there is, when you make a new thread, a place to put in a related code snippet or function, therefore I believe it belongs there.
In response to Sinoflife
I don't know if it is a bug, or it is just me. I was just making sure. Im sure a mod will move it if they see fit though. :P
You have to specify something he can bump into within the parenthesis.
mob
Manz
icon='wtf.dmi'
icon_state = ""
density = 1
Bump(mob/A)
A << "HEY MANZ WATCH IT"

If a different mob and this mob bump together, the other mob will see "HEY MANZ WATCH IT" in their text terminal.
In response to CaptFalcon33035
That isn't working either...

Cheetoz wrote:
Code:
mob
> Manz
> icon='wtf.dmi'
> icon_state = ""
> density = 1
> Bump(mob/A)
> src<< "HEY MANZ WATCH IT"
if(ismob(A))
A<<"HEY MANZ WATCH IT"
..()
>

you needed ..()
In response to DarkCampainger
That isn't working either. :(
Cheetoz wrote:
Code:
mob
> Manz
> icon='wtf.dmi'
> icon_state = ""
> density = 1
> Bump()
> usr << "HEY MANZ WATCH IT"
>

And 100% incorrect. It's coded completely wrong.

First, you're putting usr in Bump(), which is a no-no. Repeat after me:

No put usr in proc. Ungh.

Now, let's take a look at how Bump() was set up. This /mob/Manz, is that your player? Is it saying "HEY MANZ WATCH IT" when it bumps into everything? Clearly you meant this to be the other way around, for a player who bumps /mob/Manz to get that message. The thing is, Bump() doesn't work that way; you're using it exactly backwards. Bump() belongs to the bumper, not the bumpee. I suggest you do a forum search on the user-defined Bumped() proc.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
That wont even work. =/
In response to Cheetoz
Cheetoz wrote:
That wont even work. =/

Searching the forums doesn't work? That's odd; it does for me. What are you putting in the search field and what sort of error response are you getting?

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Grrr, I was referring to the

mob
Manz
icon='wtf.dmi'
icon_state = ""
density = 1
Bump()
usr << "HEY MANZ WATCH IT"

And 100% incorrect. It's coded completely wrong.

First, you're putting usr in Bump(), which is a no-no. Repeat after me:

I know who the Bumped() is by and I'll check it out.

Edit: I love you Crashed.