ID:14635

Day 5-6

I just want you all to know that I hate procs with all of my being. They're confusing as hell to me because I can never seem to figure out how to properly set up and call one. Even for the nature of this project, that's annoying.

Anyway, after a lot of searching through the developer forums I finally find something about making projectiles turn around since I couldn't do it myself. I still really don't understand what I was doing wrong...but oh well! That's why my Byond portfolio looks like New Text Document.txt, after all.

Woo, there I go. Except now I can't get it to read a variable I created for the projectile. It's fine when I compile it, but the moment it hits a wall I get spammed with runtime errors (one for each step it has left, since it continues to molest the wall).

Can you even molest a wall, anyway? There's something to think about for tonight. If I try to remove the if statement where it tries to check if the projectile can be reflected, everything is fine. The shot will just bounce off of walls until the end of time, but it works.

(The next day...)

This entire post was delayed on account of me not figuring out how to get this blasted reflection thing to work! I asked Unknown Person and he solved the problem, and now I'm happy. With the "material" in this game, it's not like I could just waltz up and ask on the developer forums...besides, the ONE non-ripped piece of my game, that proc, was solved by someone other than me so now I have a perfect record again! Yahoo!

Next up on the list is ripping a couple of wall turfs. A wall, a wall edge, and a pane of glass. Once I find them or receive the icons from other people (HINT HINT) I'll continue. This is late enough already.
byondscape!
The double Cs that are comming out of Sonics eyes in this picture inspire me. May they inspire you as well.
http://members.byond.com/JustinKnight/files/rips.dmi

I was going to make you custom icons, but then I took a step back and thought... would that really fit the rest of the icon scheme? No. So I googled all those things you asked for and either copied and pasted a 32x32 section of the picture or resized it to 32x32. I gave you two glass icons, two wall icons, a wall edge icon, and a painting. I couldn't resist putting the painting in because it was from the same picture I got the wall icons from, and when I put a box around it, I noticed it was CROOKED! So I resized it to 32x32 and put it in.