ID:146400

Code:
mob
verb
//Asscend
A()
for(var/turf/upstairs in oview(0))
GotoLevel(maze.GetLevel(usr.z)-1,/turf/downstairs)

//Descend
D()
for(var/turf/downstairs in oview(0))
GotoLevel(maze.GetLevel(usr.z)+1,/turf/upstairs)

macro
A return "A"
D return "D"

Problem description:
Macros refuse to work, I do not have any mobs defined, its just a normal mob type player. Verbs work fine, but if you try it on the keyboard it says:

[No macro is defined for "a". Toggle macro-mode to use the command prompt, or preface commands with "/".]

Shades wrote:
[No macro is defined for "a". Toggle macro-mode to use the command prompt, or preface commands with "/".]

There's your problem right there. You defined your macro as a capital A. Macros should usually be lowercase unless for a specific, unique purpose.
In response to ManDroid13
ManDroid13 wrote:
Shades wrote:

There's your problem right there. You defined your macro as a capital A. Macros should usually be lowercase unless for a specific, unique purpose.

Still got a error:

[No macro is defined for "d". Toggle macro-mode to use the command prompt, or preface commands with "/".]
In response to Shades
Shades wrote:
[No macro is defined for "d". Toggle macro-mode to use the command prompt, or preface commands with "/".]

Same exact thing... d must be lowercase, otherwise it's unpractical.
Dude, I dont know what your takling about, I looked at these demos on the hub word for word, its faily simple and some of them use either all lower case or all upper case and work just fine.
In response to Shades
Is the snippet in a .dms?
Uh, I suppose the <DMS> wasnt a dead give away? the commands themselfs, are in DM while the script itself is in DMS.
In response to Shades
I noticed them, but everyone forgets; it was just a double-check. I apologize.

I see no reason why they wouldn't work?

...speechless, utterly
This sucks, whats a angband like game with verbs?
In response to Shades
Wow, Using those graphics, me too >_>...
In response to Sniper Joe
This is so weird, Ive tried like every macro demo they had on the hub and doing my own.

First I tried these when I didnt have the player defined as any kind of mob, now the player is a mob/PC player.

Would that have anything to do with it?

I tried like everyone thats been on the hub, and none of them work!
In response to Shades
Wouldn't something like this work?

mob/verb/Yeah()
src<<"Yeah!"

macro
y return "Yeah"

Sorry if this isn't right, I don't use macros alot.
In response to Shades
That also be the problem, but I doubt it.
macro
a return "A"
d return "D"

Try that.