Alchemist Classic

by Oasiscircle
Alchemist Classic
Combine elements and create chain reactions to thwart your foes!
ID:1466951

Please click here if the image is stretched! Make sure to view on full-size! :)

This is truly how Alchemist was meant to be played. The increased screen size has allowed me to display more details on tiles, the GUI, and the text used on screen. Not everything has had the details added to them just yet but I've been working on getting everything to look perfect! What do you all think, any questions? :)
It's very sexy, but it's almost the size of my entire monitor. I use a 1366x768 laptop monitor, and it isn't uncommon to have monitors smaller than mine. So you're ostracizing much of your player base if you don't have any smaller options.

I believe I had this conversation with you before on a different project. :p
In response to Fugsnarf
The larger screen size is not the only option! This is just the screen size that I will be designing primarily as it fits the majority of the Steam audience.
You can just as well play Alchemist without any graphical troubles on a monitor that is 672x384. :)
Hopefully it won't look disgusting with BYOND's filtering when it's downsized -- if that's what you're doing.
In response to Fugsnarf
This is actually up-sized, so it shouldn't look any different then if you just scaled it down two times. This is what it should look like:

looking good
Amazing! The graphics are dearly stunning.
Looks great!

Has the height on the playing field been reduced?
In response to Higoten
Yes, but the algorithms for the amount of flux sent to opposing players has also been reduced by the same fractional amount so it shouldn't have much of an effect on how the game is played.
I think casual games like this and the ones I've been putting up would benefit the most from vector graphic support.

New breaking animation, it looks really snazzy and it's similar to how Puyo Puyo and Mean Bean Machine displays breaks/combos. :)
What do you think?

(Don't mind the glitched interface, that's what I'm fixing next! It's still broken from having to scale down the window.)
I personally think this animation is clean and crisp. Implementing different effect for each color might be distracting for large combos, as even the simple wobble-effect you've tested before was a little messy.

Un-stretched version.

Speaking of how things look. I think I'm going to go with this sort of chat/chat management system. I've always been a huge fan of how easy it is to use commands to do everything. Plus this just looks great, runs with FAR LESS cpu usage than other alternatives AND as an added bonus is also the easiest to manage for me with having things moving around all over the place.

Direct link to image.

Getting fairly close to having the game playable! The interface has changed a bit to accommodate more buttons and not have things on the outer edge. Tell me what you think! :)
Expect beta-testing to start soon!
Looking really nice, Oasis. Looks better and better every change. Sadly this is the one of the only things I check up on when I visit BYOND nowadays since nothing else interesting is really going on.

On a side note, do you have a lobby so multiple games can occur on the same server? Or is it still one match per server? Might want to have a lobby with multiple matches going if you want large amounts of people playing, especially from Steam.

And finally, on an unrelated note, game update posts don't move up the forum list when a new reply is made in the post (or even show a recent post date or anything), which is super annoying. Now that I've made a reply I will be alerted, though (even though I could have just followed the post).
Thanks Aaiko, I really appreciate it! :)

Yes, servers do have multiple games and multiple rooms for them to occur in. Servers at their current capacity are set to handle ~20 games per server with multiple servers online (1 in Europe and 1 in the US to start.) Although that probably could be expanded to more than that if need be in the future.

I know they don't move it up the ladder, it makes sense at least so that popular games don't bury games that aren't as popular (like Alchemist, mind you :P) I really appreciate the reply, I love hearing that people enjoy my work.
This has already been planned! :)